Daddy Issues

Ring ring

I groaned as the house phone started ringing, hoping Darry would get it.

Ring ring

Guess not. I sat up and rubbed the tired out of my eyes, they start to burn because they're dry so I close my eyes and try to walk to the phone with my eyes closed.

Not a very good idea, I know.

I slam my foot into the stair railing and grasp it in pain, instantly opening my eyes to see the world falling around me. I finally realize that I've lost my balance and I'm about to fall down the stairs.

Not so lucky today.

Crash boom crash

I land with a thud as I hit the final step and finish onto the carpenter floor below.

"Ouch..." I whisper. The phone rings once again so I get up, but not before getting a little dizzy.

"What's going on out here?" I hear a tired Darry say behind me.

"I had an accident while going down the stairs..." I mumble, grabbing the phone off the hook before it can ring again.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sodapop!" Quinn says, popping the 'p'.

"Hey, everything okay?" I ask because she called out if nowhere.

"Yeah, everything's fine but I wanted to see if you and Steve would like to meet up with Harper and I at DQ? Sorta like a double date." She sounds very chilled today.

"Yeah sure-" I yawn. "I'll ask Steve and then I'll call you back. Nice talking to you though." I was about to hang up when she yelled wait.

"Have you talked to Steve about the thing?"

"Not very much, but yeah. I'm not exactly not sure what to ask." I shrug and yawn once again.

"Oh well, we'll talk about this later, Harper wants to watch a movie. See you later hopefully." She says, smile in her voice.

"Alright, have fun. Not too much fun young lady." I giggle and we say our goodbyes.

"What was that about?" Darry asks from the kitchen.

"Quinn wants to have a double date with her, Harper, Steve and I." I reply, plopping down on the couch.

"Sounds fun, you and Steve need to get out more. He's been really attached to you, and when you're gone, he sits in the kitchen with silence and it's starting to creep me out." He finishes.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
It's around 10, Quinn woke me at 8 which I have no idea why she called so early but that's Quinn for ya.

Currently I'm sitting on the couch, watching Mickey with Two who is stuffing his face with cake.

The front door bursts open and Two, along with me, jumps at the sudden noise.

"Soda, I n-need S-soda!" Steve cries out.

I jump up and take him into my arms, confused as ever.

"Hey, hey it's okay. It's okay, I'm here, what's the matter?" I feel panic rise up into my chest as Steve doesn't answer me but just sobs into my shoulder.

"M-my d-dad.." He chokes out finally, still crying. "H-hit m-me!" He starts sobbing fully now.

"What?!" I yell loud enough to make Darry come out of the kitchen in confusion. Two is now standing, looking around awkwardly not knowing what to do. Dar and Two share a confused look so I wave them off and they both head to the kitchen.