12.

Kidada

"Pac!", I cried out as I ran to his bed side.

This was probably the worst I have seen Pac. Laying in this hospital bed, helpless and wounded. Looking at him was like literally watching someone's soul slowly leave their body. He was already heavily sedated and put on life support machines.

How could someone be so cold and callous?

It's ridiculous how people allow fame, fortune and materialistic bullshit to hold more significance than someone's life. Here I am, staring down at the man who was my husband to be: hooked up to a machine and placed in a barbiturate-induced coma. My heart ached for my fiancé. It was unbearable to watch him like this, I thought to myself as I wiped the river of tears that strolled down my face. I wish I didn't allow him to go out tonight. I just had a bad feeling about coming back to Vegas, him going out and lastly, him not taking his bullet proof vest. If he would have had it this night like he had it any other time then maybe he wouldn't be like this.

"Wassup Kidada", an oh so familiar voice said behind me.

I turned around to see Snoop and Warren entering the room. I immediately reached in for a hug as I buried my face into Snoop's T-shirt. His long arms caressed my back, trying his best to console me as I let out an agonizing cry. In the mist of how I feel, I just wonder where the hell is Afeni?

"Let that shit out sis" Snoop said to me as he tried to mask the pain in his voice.

I sniffled as shut my eyes tighter and letting out a sigh. "It's just not fair. He is too young for this non-sense. People on the news channels saying he been shot all the time he'll pull through and they are speaking as if it is something that happens every day!", I shrieked.

I continued to vent to my man's friends as they nodded their head, agreeing and siding with everything I was saying. "No one deserves this type of shit man at all. At fucking all and they didn't even consult with me about putting him into a coma"

"That's because I am his mother and I was one of the first people down here watching my son climbing in and out of the bed knowing he was severely wounded".

I turned my attention to the door to see Afeni small frame walking in wearing an all-black Dashiki with a pair of jeans and matching sandals. A gold head band was wrapped around her head, emphasizing her locs that was on her head. She looked as if she was perfectly fine. But I knew it was a defense mechanism.

"Afeni" I started. "I was just confused as to why they just would do that to him"

I looked on as she hugged Snoop and Warren. They walked over to Pac's bed and began kneeling over him as I turned my attention to my mother-in-law. Her face looked harden as she stood before me. Strong and militant.

"Kidada. Let me explain something to you and I want you to listen to me loud and clear" she sternly spoke to me. "My son has had a target on his back since he was a child because of who I was and who is step father was. My son had the power to make people listen and on top of that, he is young and gifted and BLACK", she emphasized breathlessly.

Tears trickled as I listened to her speak to me. "I knew that this would eventually happen because the more powerful he got, the more they tried to bring him to his demise. Pac was aware as well. The money, the fame, the fortune, the clique he rolled with, he was getting everything so rapidly. And Pac being so loving, so giving, so willing and so loyal was a pro and a con. He believed everyone was innocent. I always told him watch the company you keep and watch your back because you are a threat now. A threat to those imbeciles that runs our so-called government, and a threat to your own people who are jealous. Money hungry and envious"