6 Years later

"Some of our passions were tied to someone from our memories, but somehow we can't remember who or what it was." - Freelatable24 

***********************************

NORMAL POV

Lucas is at 12. He's considered as a pre-teen. Even though he's a boy and he's at that age, he needs his parents' attention.

He went through a lot of things. His mother has a comatose, it happened when he was 8. His mother was going home from school, hand carrying the piled up projects of her students. No one helped her mom on bringing it home, what about Lucas? He's in a different grade and section, and basically the students get home earlier than the teachers.

His mother was in an hit and run accident, what's worse was that guy wasn't caught, and he's still running in a free world, while his father was broken, trapped in his own world, typing on an old typewriter to help them back up. The Job was left hanging, Lucas' mother has a 50-50 chance of survival, worse of all, their normal income changed.

Hospital bills raised, the balance of Lucas' parents income was broken, and lastly Lucas' grades started to flunk.

His father focused on his job, and Lucas was left in the hospital with his mother.

Sometimes at school, he heard his peer groups talking about their parents, hating them because they were given too much attention or because they were given an old brand of IPhone or Samsung Galaxy.

It hurts him a lot. He can see them pitying him, what struck him the most were his bestfriend, Alex Henderson, leaving him for popularity, and the murmurs of his peer of wanting their parents death so they could get their shares.

Everytime in school or in class, he draw something. Every drawing has its dates. He doesn't care on how low his grades are, he draws not for fun, but to sell it to help his mother.

Every projects or homeworks that requires drawing, everyone payed him a dollar, already colored with watercolor, paint, or crayons. Everyone on any level of sections and grades.

He at least earned 400 dollars a year. He's popular through his passion on art. Everyone thought him as a stupid kid, giving free grades to anyone he doesn't know, but he doesn't care.

4 years later, he at least earned 1350 dollars. He was planning on giving it to his father when he finally graduates in Grade 6.

Now he's 12, and is in Grade 6. He is doing his usual business, sometimes he doesn't sleep just to finish it.

It hurted him not following his father's orders, but he wanted to help.

"Lucas... all you need is to study and get a degree." Those lines were burned in his mind. He's trying his best on balancing his little business and his studies, but he can't. He has to exceed one to have a good future, and he let's one of it go.

He was in his class, English. Drawing on someones project in Highschool. He did enjoyed drawing, but how can he enjoy it if he knows that his little business is on the line of his Mother's life and His studies.

He was about to finish it until a hand was slammed on his desk. He looks up to see his teacher, Mrs. Dawshe, glaring at him.

"What are you doing Mr. Daniels?" Lucas looked at her and smiled, she's a teacher, of course. Isn't it obvious what he's doing? Why is she as him anyways?

"Drawing." He bimmed at her, eyes glowing with a little of happiness, but Mrs. Dawshe continued on glaring at him, she grabbed the paper, and sneered. "I want to meet your parents tomorrow after class. In case you have forgotten... your grades are starting or is flunking already." She left him.

Some of his classmates laughed at him. Teasing him, "Ohh... You're in big trouble!" Someone from the popular clique laughed. But there was this one student, pitied him, Alex, his ex-bestfriend.

He frowned. He's okay with his teacher taking the drawing, but he wasn't okay with a teacher, destroying the relationship he have with his father, with his parents. 

Parents...