Alex Henderson

NORMAL POV

4 years ago, Lucas felt the worst thing in his life. His Mother being half alive, his father leaving him for work, and lastly his best friend, Alex Henderson.

That time, everyone pitied Lucas, looking at him sadly, but no one knows their tearing his heart slowly into pieces, hearing fake sympathies hurts more, putting a mask on hurts more, and lastly lying hurts more. 

Everyone gave him a sad look, but no one dared to talk him out, to go with him, to accompany him, and to help him up from where he fall.

As he fall, the only person who is pulling him up, lets him go.

Why did Alex let Lucas go?

Popularity.

No

Alex knew that giving his best friend lies would hurt more, he can hear his classmates muttering about their parents death so they could get their shares, their money, and so they could live alone.

He hates it. Everyone gave him attention that his best friend needs, asking what's wrong with Lucas, but why did Alex turned his back on his best friend?

He wants his best friend to grew up without his help. He wants to stop lying, pretending, he's becoming lazier on putting on a fake facade for him... Besides, he has his own problems too. It's like being fake for someone, who is being fake at everyone, especially you who's helping that someone. Inside the truth is a lie, and that lie is Lucas, that Lucas isn't Alex's friend, it's someone who is fake, so Alex has to put his fake facade.

Alex wanted Lucas to face everything, not just anything. He knew Lucas too well, he knew that Lucas' parents would be sad on what he's doing, especially his father's hard works, hard works that is returned into something lower... He wants Lucas to face it, face the fact that his Mother has no chance of waking up.

Again.

ALEX'S POV

"Lucas... we need to talk." I started, looking at him sternly. I was sitting at the staircase.

"Sure." Lucas smiled a bit. Why are you smiling? I know you have your problems, why are you smiling? "What's it about?" He asked, sitting beside me.

"Just... something." I mumbled. I wanted to say it a little loudly, but i don't want to spread rumors or anything at all. Why did i even... i should have ignore and never talk to him.

He tilted his head, waiting for an answer.

"I'm sorry Lucas, but... i don't want us to be friends anymore. Let's reset our relationship into strangers." I said directly. He looked at me as if i'm bluffing.

"..." He looks at me. "Is it...?" 

"No... It's like you're a damsel in distress, you're behind a huge mask, i wanted you to face everything, if it means me leaving you, i'll do that in order for you to grow!" I shouted at him.

"You're the only person who understands me right now! Why?!" He shouted at me.

"I just can't take it." I said lowly. I really don't get it. Why are you putting a fake facade? They'll pity you more...

"We're friends since Kindergarten! Why let it go?!" He shouted at me, now everyone are looking at our direction.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled, walking past him.

I could feel everyone's gazes following me, not just following me, but eyes going back and forth on me and my best... ex-best friend.

As i walk myself out of school, i could hear footsteps following me.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly, without facing who ever that person is.

"You're perfect." A Boy at my age grinned. What's his problem? Wait...

"I'm Trevor Young, nice to meet you." He said. "You're perfect for our group of friends,..." He started, grinning at me. I hate that smile, so fake, never been so sincere.

"What do you mean?" I acted. People and their popularity. It's either you accept it or decline. 

"I nominate you, Al, join us, or we'll bully your... ex-best friend." He said, smugly. He's waiting for me to shook his hands.

What's wrong with this world? Why are we surrounded by love and hatred at the same time. Why do i even hate some of them, even though i don't know them that much. 

I shooked it.

Why did i shook it?

He's still my friend... even though i turned my back on him.

Even though... it looked like i left him for popularity. 

Right now... I'm not doing this because we used to be friends, we're friends... because i'm doing this.

NORMAL POV

Alex becomes popular, he's the same as Trevor's popularity ranking. It's been 4 years, all of them are mostly 12 years old. 

But, no one forgets the friendship, and the betrayal... that Lucas felt from Alex. Conflicts are uprising in Trevor's little group. 

As time pass, they still have that deal. 

The deal that holds Lucas from either sane to insane. 

Was Alex sane when he decided about it?

Will Trevor tell Lucas, to see him suffer?

Will Lucas break?