Lucy Archer

LUCY'S POV

"I got to go." I said, I then ended the call without waiting for his answer. Why did Alex lied to me? He knew that there is a problem, how can he be so ignorant.

"What's wrong Cy?" My bestfriend, Avery asked. Currently I'm living in the Andrew's household. My parents left me here, growing up with them. Avery's Mom is my Mom's cousin. My father promised me, we'll be back, at the good ol Oregon. My Parents are both busy, so is Avery's parents, and she doesn't mind at all. We're both used to each other's company anyway.

"I just called my childhood friend." I told her. I glanced at my phone and shoved it in my pocket. I noticed her opening the fridge.

"Ahh... Alex?" She asked. No secrets hidden. She knew me, and somehow I'm not proud to say I knew her.

"Yep." I answered her. How can this 12 year old be so smart? I guess that's why she's in the Popular clique. She doesn't like long talks, that's what i knew, she wants it directly to the point.

"Want to talk about it?" She asked me, closing the fridge with an apple in her hand, and another in her mouth. "Want some?" She asked me.

"No thanks." I smiled at her. "It's just, he lied. My other friend, Lucas. Mom in Coma, Dad who's presence is there, but he's no where to be found. He had Alex as his string of hope. Alex tied on the ground, and Alex the Balloon. Alex decided to let him go, and join popularity, the pins, to save the balloon." I finished, I hate my logical thinking, but being around her, or her around me, i guess she can understand me.

"Alex probably has his own problems too. I mean, we're kids. I got to admit, Lucas is strong by the way you say it. Why don't you contact him?" Avery asked, suggestingly. 

"I'll be annoying to Alex." He's the only one connected from me to Lucas.

"Hey, It's better to be annoying than nothing." Avery said, throwing her already apple to the trash can. She's not done yet. "Ever heard of this saying, "Sometimes people put up walls not to keep others out but to see who cares enough to tear them down."  He's likely self-conscious, he's alone. Sooner or later, he'll create this walls, or no, strengthen this walls, he'll be alone, his attitude would change." She rolled her eyes. "Like Tristan." 

"Fine... I'll call him." I called Alex again. There's no one, maybe Alex decided to let his phone ring. I will not give up. I cared a lot... on everyone's lives, come on Alex.

"What?" He answered furiously, talk about mood swings.

"Can you tell me Lucas' home number?" I asked him. He told me, and we both bid goodbye.

"Av, I'll go call him." I told her, knowing that their phone were located in her room, her parent's room.

"Sure, sure, go." She told me.

I went to her room, quite lady-like. Sky and dark blue were the colors of her room. At least it's not black, that'll be freaky. 

I grabbed the phone and typed the number. Thank my brain for good memorizing skills. "Hello?" Lucas' father answered.

"Hello Mr. Daniels, this is Lucy Archer, Can I have a word with... Lucas?" I asked, praying to the God, that he'll allow him. I heard through Alex he's in detention.

"Oh,... sure. I'll just call him. LUCAS!" You can hear the faint shout of his father. "Wait, I'll go and check on him." His father told me. I was waiting for someone, but i could hear a faint gasp, a shout. "Oh my God! SON! Someone! Please call the ambulance!" I could hear it, who's? what? Somehow i slammed the phone back into it's place, without breaking. 

I called Alex, again. "..." He breathed out. "This is the 3rd time of the night." He groaned.

"Lucas is in trouble!" I shouted through the phone, I'm sure that Avery could hear me.

"He is. So calm down. You already know about him in detention." He told me coldly, I facepalmed.

"I called earlier, and his Father answered. His father called Lucas, and then it happened, his father was shouting, 'Please call the Ambulance!' Help him, no, call the ambulance, i don't know what street or anything about their place anymore." I mumbled, quite helpless.

"On it." He said, leaving the phone beeping.

Lucas...

ALEX'S POV

I heard the familiar tone on my phone,"Lucy..." I hissed. I flipped my phone open, I breathed out, "This is the 3rd time of the night." I groaned. I don't want to show her my emotion, being bored is better than anger.

"Lucas is in trouble!" She shouted through the phone, I pulled the phone away from my ear and sighed.

"He is. so calm down. You already know about him in detention." I told her coldly. I am already guilty. I don't want you to add more.

"I called earlier, and his Father answered. His father called Lucas, and then it happened, his father was shouting, 'Please call the Ambulance!' Help him, no, call the ambulance, i don't know what street or anything about their place anymore." She mumbled. She sounds so helpless, whatever it is, I trusted her.

"On it." I said, ending the call. I then called the ambulance, "Hello, I heard from a friend, that there's an emergency in..." My mind was loading, what was his father's name? Jace... John... ah! "Jack Daniels residence." I told the woman who answered. "We need an ambulance." I said calmly. 

I for myself knew that a woman like her experienced prank calls, and at the moment I still don't have a manly or teen male voice, a kid's voice, that is. I pressed my phone harder on my ear.

"You mean Lisa's husband?" She asked, somehow there's hope. I was surprised.

"Yes." I said, at least there's progress. 

"What's the problem?" She asked me. Isn't emergency supposedly to be fast or something? Why does she kept on asking me.

I don't want to say this, but i have too. "Suicide." And the other line went dead. 

I ran around my room and grabbed my jacket, and money, just to be sure. As I ran outside I shouted, "Mom! I got to go!" I grabbed my bike and bike my way to Lucas' house. Just 4 blocks away.

Then an ambulance passed by me. Ringing loudly, and speeding furiously.

Hold on pal...