I never saw him...

ALEX'S POV

That night, was a nightmare. I regretted everything when I was younger. That night, his eyes fluttered open wearing the gown that the hospital got him, staring both to his parents and me... the words that made me regret being his bestfriend or making him my ex-bestfriend.

"Why didn't i die?" He asked, by the looks of his face he needs rest, his face, his body, quite lifeless knowing that his blood gushed out and became a mini-pool in his room.

"Don't say tha-" His father was about say something, but Lucas cut him off, asking me something.

"Why are you here?" He looked at me, his face emotionless. As if he's already dead. He's right, what's his ex-bestfriend doing here? I just stared him, i can't bring myself to answer him. Guilty, that's what I felt.

"Hi Mom..." Lucas mumbled. I guess he can't hate his Mom, knowing Mrs. Daniels just wake up the time Lucas went to the hospital.

Those 2 mssing years, he created walls and barriers, protecting himself from a person like me and his Father. I am happy that he woke up, I am happy that he is alive, and I am not happy because this is not the Lucas I know.

And by that time, as a pre-teen or a circumcised boy, we changed, and went to a different path. I concentrated myself and dedicated myself to my studies and new found friends, leaving the popular clique bewildered. 

He went to a different school. But after those 2 years, he got back. That time, i was planning on leaving the clique. Who knows who or what he is now. That 2 years he left, were when Lucy went back here. 

But she wasn't at this school. Just Oregon.

The popular clique, especially Trevor were mad at me. Having this weird rules stating, "Populars can't hang out with un-populars." So what? It's because of this, i left my real friend. I did draw a line between me and Lucas, but i didn't notice that line is getting longer and thicker, like brick walls.

Soon after i left the clique, Trevor the leader, decided to prank Lucas, just to show me that, what i did was a mistake. Indeed it's a huge mistake. He discovered why I left him, or why we are not friends anymore. That time was exactly the last day they were here, and they left. He wasn't here in Middle School.

The walls become thicker and it's harder to break it. We were drifted apart when he was transferred in a different school, blaming the school or the teacher, that made Lucas drove off the path.

Somehow, no matter what happen, the God wanted us to talk it out. We're not just in the same High School, we're in the same room. ( Both were at the age of 14 - 15 ) Probably Freshman year.

He's the guy that a girl would chase for, all looks and brains, Trevor targetted him to be in the clique, and Lucas denied him. Lucas became a popular guy, in his own clique. What is he then? A playboy.

In Sopomore Year, a new classmate adds up in the room, somehow Lucas and Trevor are my classmates, there I heard the person who i thought i'd never met again.

"Hey, I'm Lucy Archer." She said, greeting us. I don't know what to do, should I smile or not, since i became a teenager, or one of us became a teenager, the calls suddenly stop, the last topic was about Lucas, being alive.

The door opened. "Sorry for being late!" Lucas shouted, breathing loudly.

Lucy didn't saw me yet, because I think someone caught her eyes, our kindergarten, childhood friend, Lucas.

When we were in kindergarten, we were friends, or the three musketeers, we promised to be in contact, and we were. Lucas probably forgot who Lucy is since he's 6 and we were 5, in kindergarten, It's also because he's the outcast... i guess.

They didn't met again, as time passed Lucas and I were friends, but i cut it off.

There's one more thing that changed, one thing that i miss and regret, I looked at the drawings in my bedroom.

I never saw him draw.

********

Readers? Please vote and comment? :)

Also I'll be updating in two or three days, because my summer/ freedom is about to end. T^T