Chapter 16

I get home and shut the door sighing as I put my hands on my face, I just had to get through this day without anymore distractions.

Gently I pull my scarf off and put it on my counter along side with my purse and keys, I sit on my couch taking my boots off. I see my phone go off and see it light up the little pocket of darkness and reach over to pick it up.

I look at it and see that Keith had tagged me in a photo, I swipe on the screen and see a photo of us from a few weeks ago before we 'dated'. I cringe from the photo and groan flinging my head back and resting it on the lounge.

I decide to text Keith 'we need to talk, how about lunch tomorrow?' I message him and go into my room waiting for a reply, I pick out my pyjamas and decide to have a shower in the morning as I hear my phone go off again.

'Sure we can go to that New Mexican place at 12 then' I smile and put my phone aside on my side table letting it charge as I lie in bed grabbing the book I was currently reading and turn to page 174.

After 25 minutes of reading I'm barely able to stay awake and see the letters become fuzzy so I put the book down and turn the lights off falling asleep to the wonders of what tomorrow had in store, if it was anything like today I didn't want to wake up.

Unfortunately I do wake up and see that's it's 7:48, I stretch out my body and hear my bones crack. I get up and make my way out to the kitchen and decide toast with butter would be good.

After making the toast I sit on the lounge turning on the television and flicking through the channels putting on some reality show, I get up going back into the room for my phone that I had forgotten to check when I woke up.

Seeing some notifications I sit back down taking a bite of the toast and open up to see messages from Keith, Wes and Shayne. I roll my eyes at the last person and didn't really want anything to do with him, he made me so confused about everything.

I open his message because to be honest I really couldn't help myself "Can we talk today?" Shayne's message said and I contemplate if it would be a good idea or not.

I let myself think about it and message Keith to assure him that we were still meeting for lunch, I needed to sort everything out.

It was a stupid plan from the beginning and it spiralled out of control, if I just left everything alone. I shake the guilt from me and decide a good walk around the city would help, I could grab a coffee or something while I was out.

I put on tights and a long sleeved crop top with a scarf leaving the house and putting in my earbuds. I start to walk taking in the scenery and turn up the volume feeling the music.

I had been walking for about 10 minutes when I see a "Puppies $15 each" sign and I gasp a little, I loved dogs but never got one as I was always at work and it would be selfish. I go up to just at least look at them.

The puppies were a Maltese breed and were so fluffy there were brown, black and white ones. I was in aww when one of the puppies jumped up on the fence to get a pat from me and as two others wrestled at each other falling over as they walked.

"They're adorable aren't they" I hear the guy say and I look up to agree when I see Liam yep Ally's cousin Liam, I begin to blush as he looks shocked "Y/N?" He asks and I nod still petting the puppy.

"That one seems to love you" he tells me "I can see" I say sarcastically and he laughs at me "I can see why" he begins to flirt with me again "Why do you do that?" I say getting a little mad.

My feelings were messed up already I didn't need him coming in and making them worse, "I'm sorry, I know you have a boyfriend" he apologises and seems to back off "I didn't mean to be rude it's just yeah I have a boyfriend" I lie and he smiles.

"Have you thought about getting a puppy" he asks and I smile explaining my situation, "that's a shame" he says and I agree "Well I'm always here and we sell these puppies every few months so just call me or something if you change your mind" he tells me and I smile that's great but there's a slight problem.

"I don't have your number" I remind him and he laughs and I pass him my phone as he puts his digits in it making a contact, I grab it back when I see "Cute puppy seller" as the name.

"Really?" I say laughing, "sorry I had to" he says and I don't get mad but laugh again at it. "Well I better get going" I tell him and we exchange our byes and I walk off going back to my apartment thinking how Greta it would be to have a puppy.

I had been watching YouTube no doing my makeup for a few hours and realised I should start going if I was going to make it to lunch on time. I Catch the bus and once I arrive I see Keith outside the place waiting.

He smiles and comes over giving me a hug I hadn't changed my pants form the walk but I was wearing a grey adidas shirt so I wasn't too dressed up.

We walk in and order sitting down at a pretty secluded area as we talked "so what did you want to talk about?" He asks me and I start to panic, what I wanted to talk about was the whole Shayne thing and that I how I didn't think Keith and I should 'date' anymore.

"Shayne" I get out and he nods understanding "you want to break up?" He says and I nod "Does that mean Shayne likes you?" He asks smiling and I can see he wasn't really hurt by it so I start to feel a little better.

"Well let's just say he kissed me again" I say and explain the story again enjoying it just as much as I did the first time. He was smiling and laughing the whole time "What are we going to say?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"It was a civil decision or something" he says as if it wasn't a big deal, I laugh "okay whatever" I tell him and we end up talking for another hour while eating when he says he has to leave for something.

I look at my phone remembering I didn't message Shayne back, I guess I was in such a good mood probably because I had just eaten that I find myself messaging "Sure let's grab some ice cream I'm free whenever" to Shayne.

As Keith leaves I feel my phone go off and see a reply, that was quick "Sounds good what about the one in town in 15 mins" he said and I smile that place was only about 5 minutes away I could walk there.

I look around making sure Keith had left after walking to the ice cream place, I look around town the whole way smiling when I get to the shop and stand there looking on social media when I hear "Y/N!" And I look up to see Shayne making his way over.