Chapter 28

I sat on the bed getting my laptop out, thankfully there was WIFI in the cabins we were staying at. I open my laptop and look over at Wes who was still unpacking, I look back at my laptop and open up my editing software. I still was undecisive on the idea of making my own channel, I did enjoy making my own videos, but I wasn't sure on what videos to make.

"I just got a text from Mari saying the others are thinking of having a camp fire later tonight" Wes says getting my attention off the laptop. "Ooo that sounds like fun" I reply, and he laughs, pushing his suitcase under his bed.

"and romantic" I joke to which he groans at "No Shayne this week, got it" He demands and we both laugh "Alright mum" I manage to get out before Wes leaves to see what everyone else was up to.

I stare at my laptop again before putting it back into its case, before I get the chance to put it back in my suitcase I get interrupted by "Kids and their technology these days", I turn around to see none other than Shayne. "Hey" I get out as I slip the device on top of my suitcase "I was just connecting to the internet" I lie.

"Why do you need your laptop, I thought you guys weren't editing until we got back" Shayne asks, "Well I was kinda thinking of starting my own channel" I confess and he frowns "you're going to leave us" he pouts "No of course not, I don't even know what I would record anyway" I shrug and he smiles at me.

Shayne comes over and sits next to me "Well what type of videos do you watch?" he asks, and I shrug "I guess vlogs and gaming" I say. "Why don't you vlog behind the scenes at Smosh winter games?" he asks and I start to smile "That's actually a great idea" I admit and he smiles at my joy.

"Well I am a genius" he jokes, and I playfully push his shoulder "We should go see the others before they get the wrong idea" I say, "that doesn't sound too bad" Shayne says while laughing. "Shut up" I say and basically pull him out of the room by the hand.

Just my luck as soon as we leave the room, a few of the others decide to turn around the corner to see Shayne and I giggling, while pretty much holding hands. As soon as I see them I quickly let go of Shayne's hand, obviously blushing at the sight of the others.

Shayne starts laughing and walks over to the others and starts a conversation like nothing had just happened. That's when I notice Wes was a part of the group and next thing I know he's coming over to me, oh here we go again with the lectures.

As soon as Wes stops to talk "I can look after myself Wes, please don't start" I get out and walk away before he even has a chance a respond. I decide to take a look around the camp site to get my mind off of everything when I see Mari and Joven setting up the fire.

"Hey guys" I say, and they turn around greeting me, "I thought it would be colder here than it actually is" I admit, "Trust me it's gets so cold here" Mari tells me while Joven agrees "Especially at night" he adds. "That's why we chose a place with heating and a spa as well as a camp fire" Mari admits, and I smile "Good thinking".

"Actually Y/N, could you grab some of the snacks out of my car?" Mari asks, and I nod, walking towards it. I open up the boot of the car and see two bags filled with junk food, I get excited remembering how good this week will be. Remorse fills over me when I realise how harsh I was on Wes, he's only trying to help.

That's when I get the best idea on how to make it up to Wes and head back to the fire with the bags in my hands "Do you know if there's a kitchen here?" I ask Mari "Yeah it's in the cabin we'll be filming in" She say's and I smile. "perfect" I get out before I head to the other cabin, I see the kitchen almost immediately and then it hit me, if I was going to bake some treats for Wes I would need the ingredients.

I sigh when I realise my mistake "What's wrong?" someone asks behind me and that's when I notice people were in the room setting up for tomorrow. I see Keith and Shayne staring at me in the kitchen. "Oh, don't worry about it" I admit, "were you hoping for some food or something?" Keith asks pointing to the kitchen "I think Mari bought some snacks for us for the campfire" Shayne continues.

"Oh no I just wanted to bake something for Wes" I admit, "Why?" Shayne asks "Oh I was kinda rude to him" I confess, "But it doesn't matter there's nothing to bake with anyway" I sigh again. "I can drive you to a grocery store if you'd like" Shayne says like it's nothing.

"No really it's okay" I decline his offer, not wanting to bother him. "It's probably really far anyway" I say and Keith smirks at his phone "It says on google the closest one is only 10 minutes away" he says, and I internally face palm. "Guess we're baking Wes a cake or something" Shayne celebrates, and I mumble an unenthusiastic "Yay" under my breath.

"Oh, come on, you probably dream about you and Shayne being alone together" Keith jokes which makes Shayne laugh, "Nice to see you guys are friends again" I say sarcastically. "Come on you can vlog it for your channel" Shayne says, and I agree "I'm only doing this for the vlog alright" I admit and the two of them laugh.