Chapter 25

I explained to Wes about the accidental I Love you and he immediately asked to come over the next day which I accepted because I really needed help. What do you do when you confess you love a guy who's engaged to someone else.

I spent most of the next day editing a video as I wanted to start my own channel to do in my spare time. Wes came over in the afternoon and brought Pizza for the both of us to share for dinner. We were sitting on the lounge having a deep conversation about Shayne obviously, when my phone dings and I lift it up to see I've been super liked by someone on tinder. "Oh, so you did finally take my advice on something" He jokes and I laugh "Yeah but everyone on here is boring" I admit.

"No everyone on there isn't Shayne" he giggles "Oh shut it" I say and gasp a little as I look at the profile on who had super liked me, total hottie. "OMG" I say aloud to which Wes responds to grabbing my phone and glancing at me,"What?, he's so hot" I say confused.

"He looks exactly like Shayne" He mentions, and I snatch the phone out of hands "No" I say as I start to look further at this guy to realise he did look a bit like Shayne. "Well at least his name isn't Shayne" I say defending my point. "Hmmn and you say you don't have a type" ... "Anyway, what is his name?" Wes asks, and I read out aloud "Aaron".

"Okay I bet you 20 bucks you can't land a date with him" he says and laughs at my reaction "He looks like catfish, I don't want to die" I admit, and he laughs once again. "Then facetime him" He suggests, and I just look at him like he's dumb. "I'll come on the date with you then, how about that?"

"Okay, that's too far, mum" I joke and he nudges me "Well message him then" he says and I start to type, erasing every sentence I manage to type, so Wes takes my phone and just bluntly sends him "Hey you're really cute, I was wondering if I could get to know you better over dinner?" and I scream as he sends it.

"YOU IDIOT! that was so straight forward, he's going to think I'm a weirdo" I say as he's laughing his head off. I hear my phone notification go off and dread to see it as Wes starts to read it out aloud "Hey Y/N, I think you're cute too, I would love to go out to dinner with you" and he reads out his phone number. Holy shit that worked I think.

"no normal person would accept a date that quick" I say, and Wes shushes me "So you think he's a catfish" he asks and I nod, "You have his number" he smirks "I am not faceting him" I say and the continue "Well looking like this and you cannot be near me it'll look weird".

"Okay get ready while you message him" he suggests, and I immediately go and change into something less 'messy'. After talking with him for about half an hour I decide to just bluntly ask him to facetime as I think he is a catfish. He agrees surprisingly and next thing I know I'm on facetime with the exact Aaron that is in the tinder profile while Wes is peaking on me in the hallway.

We pretty much just joked about how were not catfishing and planned a time to meet at a local Indian restaurant. I hang up and Wes comes nearly running in, "Omg my Y/N going on a date" he jokes "They grow up so fast" I nervously giggle as I get anxiety for tomorrow. "So, where's my 20 bucks" I remind Wes "Technically I got you that date" he says willingly grabbing his wallet.

The next day I put something casual on and decide to wear some jeans and a nice singlet with a cardigan in case I got cold. I spent the beginning of my day finishing off the video still uncertain about whether to make my own channel but decide to head off as It was getting late.

I walk in to the restaurant early and see Aaron sitting down already there, I sit down introducing myself. "You're here early?" I ask, and he giggles "Yeah I was nervous so I decided to come early" he admits and I get butterflies in my stomach. "Well that's why I'm here early as well" I say blushing.

The Date goes on for a couple of hours and it surprisingly goes so well, turns out Aaron and I have a lot on common. In those hours I completely forgot about Shayne and it felt good. After dinner he asks if I want a lift, I agree and start to remember when Shayne dropped me off at home and start to feel sad and sigh a little.

"What's wrong" Aaron asks as we get in the car "Oh it's nothing" I say, and he doesn't believe me "Come on you can tell me" he convinces me "Well I know you're not supposed to talk about your 'ex's' on dates" he laughs as I physically put quotation marks on the ex part. "You're still not over your 'ex'" he asks copying me, "Well I'm trying to" I admit, and he smiles "Let me help then" he says, and I start to blush. "So, tell me about this guy, so I convince you how much better I am than him".

We sat in his car for about an hour as I told him about the whole Shayne story, I totally ruined the first date rules about bringing up an ex. "He sounds like a douche" He says once I finish "He's okay, just confused I guess" I say, and he looks up at me "well he definitely missed out big time with you" he says and then starts the car. He continues to talk "This may sound ridiculous because it's out first date, but my family is having a movie night tonight, you should come and get your mind off of this mystery guy" he suggests, and I smile.

"Honestly that sounds so good right now but will your family mind me barging in on their movie night?" I ask, and he laughs "Just pretend you're my girlfriend" he jokes about the whole Keith situation I start to laugh too "Don't worry it's only a few of my relatives" he reassures me and I once again agree. We pull up to a really nice-looking house, we get out and start walking up to it, my butterflies growing. "Don't be nervous Y/N" he says putting his arm around me as he rings the doorbell.

I'm greeted by his aunt, who then introduces me to his mum. "Would you like a drink or any food?" Aarons mum asks as we walk into the kitchen, I kindly decline as she pours herself a drink. "So how did you two meet anyway?" She asks, making Aaron and I cringe and stare at each other "The internet I guess" I end up answering which results in the two ladies to laugh. "I guess you and your cousin have a bit more in common than just your looks" his mum jokes. 

Aaron turns to me "He also met his now fiancé on the internet" he says standing up, "We better get this movie starting" he suggests as we all walk into the lounge room. "Anyway, Welcome Y/N to our family movie night, let's get started by letting our new guest choose" she says walking into the room. This makes all the other people ranging from like 13-30 to look at me "Who's that?" the 13-year-old girl says. "Oooo Aaron has a girlfriend" another guy sitting on the lounge says to which Aaron replies, "Oh shut it you lot" and we sit down.

"So, what are you in the mood to watch?" Aaron asks as his mum yells for the other boys upstairs to come down, oh god there's more people "This is stressful" I say, and he smirks "come on it's not like my whole family are going to base their first impression of you on this on movie" and I start to panic "Don't say that" I say pouting.

"Can we watch Harry potter" I get out and Aarons replies with a "Boring" while the rest of the family seem to be quite happy with my choice. As it's starting I joke to Aaron "I don't know if I can go on a second date with you if you don't like harry potter" and he giggles cuddling up to me on a mattress that's placed in the middle of the floor.

I hear the boys from earlier come down and the stairs and the theme song for Harry Potter starts to play "Who ever put on Harry Potter, I love you" I hear a familiar voice say as they walk into the lounge room. "It was our new guest" Aarons mum says pointing to me. I look up to make eye contact to Shayne, we both start to go red as he asks "Y/N?"