Chapter 34

I check the time on my phone 10:27 am, I really was good at pretending to be sick as I think about missing another day of filming. I decide to finally read the rest of the messages I had sent the last night and my heart breaks when I read.

'Y/N I love you, I really do but I've hurt you so much already and we weren't even together, you deserve so much better. I can tell you're obviously intoxicated so please just get some rest'

I try to forget the stinging feeling in my heart and put on some decent clothes, feeling much better than the night before. I head to the kitchen expecting everyone to be filming but to my surprise the room was empty which luckily allowed me to make some breakfast. I devour the food in front of me forgetting about everything when I hear "Someone must be feeling better" come from behind me.

I turn to see Keith who is smiling at me sitting alone in the cabin eating toast. "Yeah I don't know what I caught" I say referring to my 'sickness' "Probably the love bug" Keith says laughing and I cringe remembering I still had to deal with Shayne after what had happened. I mean don't get me wrong cuddling with him was amazing I mean what I could remember from it but something just felt off, like maybe we just weren't meant to be together.

"What's wrong?" Keith says getting my attention and I shrug "I don't know" I say, and he frowns "Shayne?" he questions and I nod as he sits next to me "Over the past few days we've been getting closer but it still feels weird" I explain and Keith sighs and asks "What do you mean by weird?".

"Well I'm starting to feel like maybe I should just grow up and get over my feelings for Shayne if we were meant to be we... well would be together already." I say as tears try to escape my eyes. "Y/N, everyone and I mean everyone knows just how perfect you and Shayne are together it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out" he says, and I chuckle "Even the fans can see that, and they only see you two through a screen" He continues explaining and I can feel my heart ease.

"But what about his whole relationship with Ally, I mean he proposed to her for goodness sake" I exclaim and Keith laughs "The only thing that came out of that relationship was the two of you realising your true feelings for each other" he says and I shrug "I guess bu-" I go to say as people start to walk into the room.

"Y/N!" Wes exclaims as he walks In and sits next to me instantly eating the marshmallows I had on my plate as a treat. I smile as everyone is delighted that I'm feeling better and that I confessed that I would be able to film later tonight. I was starting to feel better until I see Shayne at the other side of the room, trying his hardest not to look over at me.

Everyone decides to go and set up for tomorrow leaving Shayne and I alone in the room, that was until he turned to me, still not making eye contact with me and said "I... Uh... should... The guy's they'll ...uh need help?" and before I knew it just like before I was alone in the filming cabin.

I get up feeling my ears burn up as I start to feel my blood boil, why did Shayne have to make this so complicated. He says he doesn't want to hurt me but plays with my feelings and changes his mind every single day, I lose self-control, walking out of the cabin.

I see Shayne helping Olivia get stuff out of one the vans, I see them getting closer as I walk towards them almost jogging, I still had no idea what I was going to say or do but It sure wasn't going to be good for Shayne.

Olivia turns to me and greets a 'hi' as I finally reach the two of them, I ignore her in my state of rage and before Shayne could say anything, I Slapped him.

And it was a pretty good slap as well if I do say so myself. I obviously start to panic as realisation comes over me, Why the Fuck did I just slap Shayne? Luckily only half of the crew had witnessed it, including Wes who waddled his way over grabbing my arm and taking me back to our room.

"What the fuck was that?" he asks as soon as we shut the doors "I'm sick of him and I'm done trying" I admit and Wes frowns "You didn't have to slap him" he says and I start to calm down "Yeah I don't know what came over me" I say starting to panic "I should apologise to him" I admit and Wes stands in front of the bedroom door as I stand up "No what you need to do is stay as far away from him" He says and i go to talk back but I'm cut off with "Unless it's for filming" Wes adds.

I lie down on my bed and stare at Wes "This is bad" I confess and he nods agreeing "Please Y/N leave him alone, if it wasn't obvious before that you two had something going on then, it sure as hell is obvious now" he says and I frown "I am so happy I get to leave this place tomorrow" I admit and he laughs "I can honestly agree, I'm second hand exhausted from dealing with you two babies" he jokes and I smile at him.

"Just stay away from Shayne and act like nothing ever happened" He says, and I nod my head, this wasn't going to be easy but it was definitely for the best. That's what I did, all afternoon I ignored Shayne as we filmed a few 'I'm Board' videos and to my surprise no one questioned what had happened before.

We all head to the filming cabin as Noah announces, "Tonight is the challenge everyone has been waiting for" And everyone cheers as I grow curious to be honest I didn't even know half of the challenges that everyone did on this trip.

"Hot tub, truth or dare!" he shouts, and everyone cheers louder, while my stomach turns. So, my plan for tonight was definitely ruined how am I supposed to get over Shayne while he sat in a hot tub shirtless.

As it was already dark everyone decided to start filming straight away, they set up the cameras as everyone got dressed into their swimmers. Our team went last which was good as it gave me more time to mentally prepare myself for what was about to happen, 'come one you've already seen him shirtless like a bajillion times, it's nothing special' I repeat trying to convince myself.

I start to feel confident until I hear someone say "Blueballs, you're turn" and I mentally cringe as I hop in the hot tub first, watching everyone else take their turn coming in. Finally, I see Shayne coming over and surprisingly he's wearing a shirt, I take a breath feeling better until I look over to see him every so slowly strip down to his boxers, oh great.

My heart starts to pound as he makes his way to the hot tub and I feel my cheeks burn up from either the hot tub or the gorgeous human being who was sitting directly opposite to me. I thankfully calm down as I get distracted by the others hilarious answers to the truth questions or they're attempts after picking dare.

When it was finally my turn I had chosen dare, and was dared to kiss everyone's nose which was just amazing for me as I awkwardly made my way around the group finally landing on Shayne and without saying anything just kissed his nose. I didn't notice until he was that close to me that on the right side of his face was a lightly visible red mark from where my hand had made contact his cheek earlier that day.

While I already had guilt wash over as I notice his face, it was Shayne's turn when he said 'Truth' while everyone made an 'ooooo' sound. Shayne looks up at the computer screen behind the camera and reads out loud "What do you really think about Y/N?" and everyone gasps and goes quiet as my cheeks somehow turn even more red.