chapter six

[ warning: this chapter may kill your zayn feels with fluff. ]

belle;

 "zayn!" 

my little sister ran in front of me inside the coffee shop, practically throwing herself into zayn's arms with a giggle. 

"woah!" he laughed along with her. "hey there fruit loop."

zayn picked her up with ease, twirling her seven year old self around a little bit. georgia smiled at the nickname and threw her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. she buried her face in his neck, causing zayn to break out into a large grin.

i leaned against the door at the entrance of the coffee shop, watching the two's show of affection. georgia had always admired zayn and she was never too shy to show it. even zayn had a massive soft spot for the seven year old.

after another minute or so of hugs and giggles, zayn put her down, the smile never leaving her face. 

"georgia, why don't you go upstairs and start on your homework?" i spoke up, walking over to the counter by them.

"can't i stay down here with you and zayn?" she protested.

georgia looked from me to zayn, a large frown taking over her face. she pouted her lips out, trying to get out of her work, but i shook my head.

"that's not gonna work this time, munchkin." i laughed quietly.

with a little huff she turned over to zayn, boosting up her charm. zayn tried to bite back his smile, and looked over at me, knowing he wouldn't be able to say no to her. 

the seven year old wore her favorite hat, a plush bear head with two poms poms hanging off the side, and that only boosted her level of cuteness and raised zayn's weakness for her. her honey colored hair lay in messy waves down to her shoulders and she blinked her green eyes slowly at the older boy.

"a few minutes wouldn't kill her, would it?" zayn bit his lip and looked over at me, giving in

"yay! thank you zayn!" georgia grinned, her previous pout now dissolved as she hugged his legs in excitement.

the girl only reached to about his waist, so he patted her back; another smile taking over his once conflicted face.

"softie." i laughed and flipped the "open/closed" sign on the door over to "closed".

it was around five o'clock now, kind of early for us to close but there were other things to be done. dinner for gram, georgia and i had to be prepared, the back kitchen had to be cleaned and prepped for tomorrow and georgia had to be settled for school in the morning.

i locked up the pastry cabinets, smiling a little to myself as i saw the croissants; harry and i's conversation from yesterday still fresh in my mind. we talked again today, but not for very long. the cafe had gotten busy so i didn't have time to sit and chat with him.

he still puzzled me, he hadn't told me much about himself or why he was so quiet. he didn't talk much, but when he did it was important. or just really cute. 

some whispers and the occasional giggle brought me back to reality. i looked up and saw georgia sitting on the counter and zayn leaning down so that she could whisper in her ear. their backs were to me, but their "whispering" skills weren't all that great.

"she always make these goo goo eyes at him whenever we see him!" georgia giggled, making her eyes go extra wide to prove her point.

"oh really?" zayn chuckled.