chapter seven

harry ;

"damn, why didn't you tell me this mystery girl of yours had such a cute coworker?" niall repeated for about the fifth time this hour.

i rolled my eyes at his bluntness towards the tan boy who i knew as zayn. niall's whining and constant persuasion to see belle finally got the better of me and i brought him along with me today on my daily visit. though we hadn't seen the brown haired girl yet, niall sure wasn't complaining. 

"first of all, she's not 'my mystery girl'. she's just a friend, who also happens to have a name, mind you." 

"yeah, yeah but still." niall licked his lips. "look at him. all cheekbones and glasses..."

"ni, you got a little something on your face." 

he snapped out of his daze for a moment and looked over at me. "huh? where?"

i leaned over across the round table and swiped my thumb over the corner of his lips. he gave me a confused look from my actions.

"the fuck?" he questioned, one eyebrow raised.

"you were drooling a bit." i smirked.

the irish boy just rolled his eyes and returned to his gawking at the younger lad across the shop. luckily, zayn was preoccupied with cleaning the counter to notice his admirer. 

i chuckled and looked down at my still steaming cup of coffee, black as always but this time with a splash of cream. i know, it surprised me as well and i was the one to order it. 

this past month though, belle has been helping me creep out of my comfort zone a bit more. it started with me meeting her coworker and friend zayn. he's a nice lad, a bit on the shy side as well but the way he handles georgia is amazing really. he's so gentle and caring.

i know now that he's also bi, so my jealousy levels don't have to be on high alert anymore really. i know he isn't a threat to the old styles charm. the h drizzle (i feel like that would be my rap name). #harrysgotswagg.

...no?

okay sorry.

but erm anyways.. 

belle and i have grown closer now, not romantically of course. i'm not quite there...yet. and as much as i would like to bring our friendship to the next level, i know it'll be awhile till i muster up that much courage.

so for now i have to settle with a googly eyed niall and some slightly less bitter coffee. 

. . .

"can we leave now??" niall threw his head back and groaned in boredom.

i shook my head stubbornly and kept my eyes glued on my sketchpad that i was currently drawing on. what i was drawing--or shall i say who, was a mystery to niall. the delicate girl with the wavy hair wasn't familiar to him. maybe it was because he had yet to see belle yet.

or maybe i was just a really shitty artist.

either or.

"har, ya know i love ya and all, and i really do wanna meet this bob-"

"belle." i corrected quietly.

he nodded. "belle. but we've been sitting here for two fucking hours mate!"

"you didn't seem to have a problem with being here when you were gawking at zayn," i snickered, picking my head up to look at him.

he shot me a glare and flicked his rolled up straw wrapped at me. thankfully, his aim was just as bad as his video game skills and he missed. oh burn. i should really write that one down for next time.

"he got off a half hour ago, m'pretty sure. he went behind that curtain and hasn't been back out in ages." niall grunted.

"play with your straw then, i don't know." i looked back down at my picture. "just stop bothering me, will you?"

niall huffed out a breath and started dragging his straw around the table, his head perched up on one of his hands. i sighed inwardly and erased a stray mark he had caused me to make by belle's nose. 

this picture needed to be perfect. it needed to capture her true essence in one silly little drawing. it-

"hey! hey is that her?" niall said rather loudly and pointed behind me. "hey...HEY BELLE!"

i felt myself flush and i stuffed the drawing under a few other pictures quickly. i kicked niall under the table, causing him to yelp in surprise. 

"OUCH! HARRY WHAT THE FUCK?!" 

i face palmed. the few people inside the coffee shop turned and looked our way and it didn't help me feel any better. maybe introducing belle to niall was a mistake. maybe if we snuck out now, she wouldn't catch us.

"harry!" 

fuck. 

i turned and sent a little wave belle's way as she wiped her hands on her apron and came over. before she arrived, i sent niall a pleading look, almost begging him to behave. he winked in response and i was somewhat scared on how to take that.

"hi hair hair." she smirked and pulled a chair over, taking a seat.

i groaned at the nickname but got drowned out by niall's loud laughter.

"hair hair? that's a new one, mate!" he crowed in between laughs.

belle giggled along with him knowing that i disliked the nickname she called "cute" and "fitting". which i do not understand by the way. i am in no way cute. i wear bandanas and skinny jeans for fucks sake. that's just fucking bad ass.

"i don't think we've met." niall finally calmed down a bit and held his hand out to the girl. "m'niall. niall horan."

belle scrunched her face up in that adorable little way she does and smiled, shaking his hand firmly. 

"foster. belle foster."

she then attempted to pull a james bond and pointed her finger out at him lazily, almost like a gun. i snorted in amusement at her stupidity--a good stupidity of course. kinda like a baby deer trying to walk for the first time. you can't hlp but laugh everytime bambi falls on his ass.

of course her action caused niall to chuckle as well. his eyes crinkled and he broke into his signature grin. if he hadn't been fanboying over zayn for the past hour i would have been worried of him and belle.

"harry why didn't you tell me you had such a friend?" she giggled and turned to me. "he's quite the character."

niall puffed his chest out proudly before subtly sending me a thumbs up. i had the horan approval. 

i looked from niall to belle and shook my head, smiling. all my original fears of them two not getting along vanished at that moment. i had mixed my two worlds together successfully and it seemed like nothing could ruin this moment.

that is, until a certain blue eyed boy ran into the coffee shop and kissed belle full on the lips right in front of me. 

. . . .

(yeah so uhm, hi. please don't hate me for not updating. i'm gonna start more frequenty now that schools out. and of course your guys' feedback makes the updates come quicker. give me some thoughts on the chapter. and future ziall???)