chapter nine

niall ;

 "twat licking son of a bitch."

"quite the temper you have, eh?"

i snorted and rolled my eyes at the tan boy i was leaning on. he was currently leading me to the back room which i presumed was the kitchen. his arm was slung across my shoulder, identical to mine on his. 

"it's the irish in me, i guess." i shrugged a little.

he only chuckled and pushed back the curtain with his free hand, walking us both into the smaller than usual kitchen. it wasn't even really a kitchen per say. more like an oven with a few shelves next to the out of date fridge. in the center of the room there was a large oak table where the boy led me to.

"here, hop up on the table." he suggested.

i gave him a funny look, one of my eyebrows raised. "you're kidding right?"

"huh?" he didn't even turn back to look at me, instead going through a few cabinets, looking for the first aid kit.

i rolled my eyes and did as he said, deciding not to mention the fact that there was a perfectly fine chair right there. i swung my feet a little, just watching the boy as he quietly dug through some of the wooden cabinets. he bent down to get something from the bottom and i shamelessly admired his petite bum.

"m'zayn by the way." he stood up, now holding the small box in his hands.

"niall." i rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, knowing from the smug smirk on his face that he had caught me checking him out.

"do ya always get in fights with random strangers in coffee shops?" he giggled, yes he fucking giggled, taking out some spray.

i licked my lips and grinned, wincing slightly at the pain. zayn must have noticed because his eyebrows furrowed and his plump lips turned down into a frown. 

"only when the cashiers a total cutie." i winked, successfully getting the boy to blush and smile again.

"m'not a cutie." he bit his bottom lip in an attempt to stop his smile from growing but it failed. "hold on this'll sting a bit."

before i could reply he sprayed some disinfecting spray on one of my cuts and i winced. i bit my tongue hard to keep in the profanities i wanted to let out because i could tell from his face he felt bad. i simply grunted instead and looked into his eyes to distract myself from the stinging.

"you not a cutie?" i forced out a chuckle. "biggest load of bullshit i've heard today."

zayn just blushed even more, his tan features tinting a slight red color. he grabbed a wet cloth and rung it out a few times to get the excess water out before gently dabbing at my bloodied face. he was so gentle about it, as if he genuinely didn't want to cause me more pain. 

"thanks by the way." he mumbled quietly.

i rose my eyebrow, confused to why he was thanking me. his tongue poked out a little and his hazel eyes were narrowed in concentration as he finished wiping some blood off my cheek.

"for what, lovely?"

he didn't answer for a moment, finishing his job of cleaning the drying blood off me. once he was finished he stepped back and looked down at his feet, kicking some invisible dirt with the toe of his boot.

"zayn?" 

he shook his head and mumbled a quiet never mind. i frowned but didn't push him any farther. he was obviously uncomfortable so i hopped off the table and wrapped him up into a hug. he stiffened at first, surprised, but hugged me back. his head nuzzled into my neck and i could feel his little gruff of stubble rubbing against me. i liked it.

his messy hair that stuck up in all different angles tickled my nose and made it twitch, causing me to laugh. zayn pulled back a little and looked up at me funny,. a small smile playing on his lips.

"what's so funny?"

i shook my head, still laughing quietly to myself. the boy, however, was curious and nudged me again, this time right in the middle of chest. i instantly started to laugh harder after that, uncontrollably gabbing my sides.

"ah, is nialler ticklish?" zayn wiggled his eyebrows, a smirk starting to grow.

i shook my head quickly and backed up from his approaching hands. i bumped into the table and that's when i knew i was screwed. zayn dive bombed me, his fingers mercilessly tickling my sides, going up and down. our two laughs mingled in the open room, mine being the louder of the two.

"uncle! mercy! stop!" i tried everything giggling madly.

zayn grinned and put his hands on my waist, securing me from escaping. i was pinned between the table and him and i could feel his ragged breathing hitting me. we were both panting a little from laughing so hard but neither of us made an attempt to move. we stood like that for a good few minutes, just enjoying each other's warmth and staring into each others eyes.

and holy fuck was i whipped already. 

maybe it was the way he fit in my arms almost perfectly. or the way his giggle could brighten my day. the little crinkles by his eyes he gets when he laughs. whatever it was, it led me to be enraptured in his beauty. Whatever it was made me fond of the little coffee shop boy.

and it was driving me mad, knowing only the name of this incomparable boy.

zayn cracked a smile and nuzzled into my chest, hugging me again. i grinned and rested my head on top of his, my arms snaking around his torso, holding him close.

it completely fucking baffled me how this boy could be so damn sexy one moment then utterly adorable the next. 

i couldn't stop the smile that spread. zayn tilted his head up and noticed. he pulled back a little, too soon for my liking, and half grinned, shooting me a funny look.

"why're you smiling?"

"i have a really good feeling about you." 

"you barely know me, ni." 

"i just have a feeling.."

"..."

"and my feelings are never wrong."

. . .

(ziall fluff. whattaya think zayn was thanking niall for? 

sorry for no belle&harry this chapter. they'll be back next one.

AND HOLY SHIT THIS BOOK GOT RANKED SHORT STORY #31 AND HUMOR #148 TY GUYS SO MUCH OK ILY ALL)