chapter ten

• Dedicated to all of you who stuck with this story

[ last chapter ever, i'm screaming. final authors note to come soon. ]

harry ;

life is funny. 

it likes to throw a lot of things and obstacles in your way without giving you any real warning.

i wasn't born with social anxiety, and i don't blame god or even life itself for cursing me with it. i've come to accept that this is the life that was chosen for me so i may as well enjoy it the best i can. 

a lot of people over the years have tried to crack open my case and help me escape and become, quote on quote, "normal". not that many have really broken through to me though.

i'm kind of like a pistachio when you think about it. they spend their whole lives in their shell and when you finally take them out, they're like "I'M FREE YEEHAW!!" but then you eat them and they're dead before they can even enjoy being free. 

 now i'm not saying i'm a nut per say, but i feel for them. 

belle foster was the one person who opened me up and exposed me to the real world. 

she taught me to trust people and give them a chance. she also taught me how to make some kick ass croissants but that's beside the point. 

now look, i'm not gonna be all "oh i loved her from the very beginning.", because i didn't. hell, i don't love her even now. yeah, i have feelings for her and think she's mighty swell, but i don't love her. but maybe i would have eventually, if things had worked my way.

but life's not a fairy tale and people usually don't get their happy endings.

especially not socially awkward, depressed boys.

---

niall ;

"are you sure you're okay with this?"

"m'positive, zee."

"because if you're not-"

"i just want you to be happy."

zayn's voice died down after that. he cuddled in closer to me, nuzzling his head into my bare chest as my arm wrapped around his just as bare waist. we lay like that for a few hours, our legs tangled up together under the bed sheets, savoring our last night together. 

--

belle ;

life is funny. 

one day everything is fine and normal but then the next you start to feel odd, different even. you start to look at others differently, maybe a certain one in particular, and you need to hold yourself back from screaming your feelings to the world. 

it's been roughly a year now, give or take, since harry and i started talking. 

nothing has really happened that's too eventful in my eyes. zayn and harry's friend niall started dating for a few months but it didn't work out for...reasons. 

louis dickweed tomlinson has made it his life goal to avoid me, which i suppose is a good thing. he still coaches georgia's footie team but the constant flirting has come to an end since niall whopped his ass.