Chapter 9:

Chen's Palace Front 

"Sink the ferry!" Jay demanded, a perky expression on his face, "No one's getting off this island!" 

We cheered as the ferry quickly sank underwater, thanks to Bolobo. The soldiers had been tied up; we still hadn't found Skylor. 

We knew she had been taken by her father. 

Lar and I had made up -- after my little "gift" to him for treating me the way he did. 

It was a long while before I could really forgive him. For now, he would remain as nothing more than an acquaintance. 

"The palace and sleeping quarters are all clear," Cole began, "Still no sign of Chen and Clouse." 

"What about Skylor?" Kai asked.

"She wasn't able to pick her family, but she was able to pick her friends," Lloyd piped up, "and since you're her friend, that means so are we; we'll find her." 

Kai nodded with a grin.

"He's right," the earth ninja continued, "with no way off the island, it'll only be a matter of time." 

Sensei Garmadon had joined us by this time.

"I'm proud of you six," he said, "You've done what the original Elemental Masters never could: stick together, but you must not rest on your laurels, for your guard is down when you sleep." 

* * *

Chen's Forests: 

 We had been preparing to go back to New Ninjago City when Griffin came skyrocketing toward us. 

"Chen's just figured out Skylor's powers can finish the spell!" he frantically reported, "She's in danger!" 

Just great; Skylor being used was the last thing we needed. 

My eyes found Garmadon.

"He's replaced his elemental staff with the elements in his daughter." Sensei concluded.

"Where?" Kai inquired. 

"On the other side of the island." Griffin answered.

"I'm going after her." 

Without hesitation, I watched as the brunet headed for his motorbike.

"We all are," Garmadon corrected; he then looked to the rest of us, "Jay, Zane, you take the Mech and Buggy. Cole, you and I will take the Roto Jet." 

He looked at Nya. 

"Nya, how fast can she go?" he asked. 

"Fast enough!" 

"Everyone else, stay here and guard the camp!" Garmadon ordered. "Let's get a move on!" 

I guessed that meant I was staying behind. Karlof had caught up with us, sighing as we watched the boys and Nya head off. 

"Karlof wish he could do that." he groaned. I smiled, giving his shoulder a pat before leaving.

"Come on, Dareth," I called; the dojo instructor seemed to have stolen three of Chen's Kabuki and was currently sitting with shades on lying about when we first had to face Garmadon as the Overlord. 

Am I glad the Overlord's gone, though I am sometimes fear even saying his name.

"Let's get back to the palace." I instructed. 

"Wait, where did everyone go?" 

Typical Dareth. 

* * *