Positive Vibes/Talks

Vote & comment, please! Excuse any errors.

Omniscient's POV

"Come on, get your butt up now, get up!" Ms. Celine shouted as soon as Kaydence answered her facetime call. It was Sunday morning and he had promised to bring himself and Karcyn to church. "I'm up, I'm up." He said, his eyes still closed.

"No, get up Kay. I'm about to be on the way." She told him. He let out a sigh and opened his eyes, placing the phone back on the nightstand. Karcyn was still asleep next to him all balled up.

"Okay, I'm up, see?" She saw that he'd turned the room light on, "Alright, I'm coming now. I don't wanna have to drag you by your ear." She warned and he sucked his teeth.

"Let me get off of this phone before I-"

"Ma, hang up. I'm never gon' get ready with you distracting me." He said, reminding her of how short his attention span was. "Alright, see you soon! Be ready. Love you, bye." She said quickly and then hung up. Kaydence shook his head to himself because of how crazy his lady was as he went in to his closet to find something to wear. He was about to throw on something basic like a nice button up and some jeans with a pair of vans or some shit. .

After scoping out what he was going to wear, he went to take a quick shower with the bathroom door opened so that he could hear when Karcyn cried like she did every time she woke up from a deep sleep.

Fifteen minutes went by and he was done showering while Karcyn was still asleep. He went into her room and searched for something that she would wear before coming back to his room and laying her outfit out on the bed. He was trying to be ready by the time his mom got to his house.

He brushed his teeth, put on deodorant and then ran some bath water for Karcyn before he woke her up which took a good five minutes itself. She was a heavy sleeper like him and unless she had just went to sleep, it would be difficult to wake her up.

"Karcyn, baby, you gotta get up!" He said and her eyes slowly opened again. He had her sitting in the tub and she was still falling asleep on him.

She began to cry while he washed her up and he could tell that she was tired as hell. It didn't take long for him to start feeling bad and grab her towel of of the toilet seat. He pulled her out of the water, quickly wrapping her in it to keep her warm. "I'm sorry, baby." He said while leaving the bathroom before he kissed her forehead and laid her down on the bed.

His phone began to vibrate and his mama's name came across the screen but he ignored it and continued to get ready. "She gon have to wait." He said to himself and dried Karcyn off, putting her on a pull up afterwards. He was trying this potty training shit with the help of google and didn't know what the hell he was doing but he did know that pull ups were one of the first steps.

The doorbell rung minutes later and Kaydence picked Karcyn up and then rushed downstairs to open the door for his mama. "I thought you were sleep. Hey nana's baby!" She cooed and took the baby out of his arms. "You ready for church?"

"No she ain't ready. You see her face? She mad cause I woke her up." Kaydence informed her and then took off back upstairs.

"Ima be mad if you don't hurry up!" Ms. Celine responded and started upstairs. She would finish getting Karcyn ready while Kaydence got himself dressed so that they could save time but first, she had to find the damn room. His house was too freaking big for no reason at all. It was only him and Karcyn living here so all he needed was a two, three, or even a one bedroom but instead, he had like seven.

When she finally found Karcyn's room, she went for her bow box which was what all of her hair bows were in and then sat down in the pink rocking chair that was next to the playpen. She put Karcyn's hair into two little buns on each side of her head, with a bit of a struggle because she kept dozing off and then put some white bows on them.