Know You

Omniscient's POV

"Stuck? What do you mean?" Dani looked at Kaydence, confused. He took a deep breath because he knew that he had some explaining to do.

"Dani, sit down," He demanded and she did as he said. "What?" She questioned when he sat down next to her, grabbing her hand. He couldn't think of how she would react but fuck it. She deserved to know.

"Somebody might be after us." Kaydence took one more deep breath before he pulled the wrinkled picture of Dontae out of his pocket. Daniella gave him a look of confusion and waited for him to speak. She was genuinely confused.

"You remember him, right?" He asked as he showed her the photo. His heart was starting to race when Dani started to get emotional. Of course she remembered this monster, he was the reason for a lot of heartache that her and Kaydence had felt. She shook her head yes while holding back the rest of her tears.

"A picture of him somehow ended up here. . I don't know why or how," He told her, beating around the bush. "D- do you think he's out here to get us?" Dani began to have flashbacks of when she was kidnapped.

"Baby, he's dead."

"Wh- how'd he die? When? This doesn't make any sense."

"A while ago. . he got shot but I don't know what this picture of him has to do with me. I don't get the message."

"Kaydence, he was your best friend."

"That don't explain shit. ."

"What're you talking about?"

"Remember when you told me that you would never rat on me?" He asked her, seeing if she'd forgotten. "Yes. . I remember."

"Alright then."

"Alright then what?" Dani was still confused. He was beating around the bush.

"When I talk to you about this Daniella, your mouth can't open for nothing or nobody. It's some weird shit going on and I gotta figure this shit out. Okay?"

"Okay. . I won't say anything. I promise."

"What if I told you that I killed him?" Kaydence asked and balled the picture up, tossing it on the floor quickly, his hands shaking from being nervous.

"You killed him?" Dani asked for clarification before she began to cry again. Kaydence pulled her towards him and all she did was resist. She didn't want to be touched by him.

"You're out here ruining lives, for what? This shit isn't fair to me, these other families, or your kids!" Dani shouted, her voice cracking from crying.

"Dani, calm down. I asked you a general question and now you acting up. Chill out," Kaydence said, using a low tone of voice.

"Those motherfuckers are gonna kill you and then what? You're gonna leave me to raise these kids by myself, all because you wanna be some type of role-model gangster. Your kids need you and you don't give a damn," Dani stormed into the bathroom. She wasn't dumb and she knew exactly what this meant. Kaydence murdered Dontae and was keeping it a secret, knowing that everything that was done in the dark always came to the light.

"Dani! Let me talk to you! The fuck you running from? You won't even let me tell you what's up." Kaydence spoke on the other side of the bathroom door.

He wasn't surprised by the way she reacted but now wasn't the time. He just wanted for them to be safe and it sure as hell wasn't out here in no damn Tahiti, thousands of miles away from home.

"Girl, open the fucking door. We don't have time for this," Kaydence said, getting frustrated.

"Please, just leave me alone," Dani finally spoke after he stood, pleading at the door for a good 2 minutes.