Recruits

excuse all errors, not proof read.

Omniscient's POV

"What's wrong? You need something to drink?" Kaydence stood outside the bathroom door. Dani was inside but there was no telling what the hell she was doing. About a minute later, she unlocked the door, standing with her back against the counter and her eyes closed.

"Kaydence. . that man." She spoke, her eyes still closed.

"What about him, baby?" Kaydence rushed in, grabbed her hand, and waited for her to begin talking. His heart was racing because of how nervous she'd made him.

"Th- that's. . . that's Wesley's father." She stuttered and Kaydence stormed out of the bathroom, into the foyer where Ms. Celine was closing the door behind Nana as she left out.

"That nigga tryna get close to me!" He flashed out. "I understand that they want me dead but they gon have a hard time getting what they want." He chuckled and walked around his mama, going outside. She looked at him crazy but never said a word.

***

4 days later, Kaydence's POV

"Alright, so what you wanna do?" Marvin asked me as he pulled up the news reports about the killings of Dontae and Ayriel on his iPhone.

"Ima have to leave. How can I stay?"

"If you leave, you gon have to find a way to work. You can't just stop working."

"Why I can't? I can't get caught yo."

He spoke while looking down at his phone, "If you don't work, you don't get paid. You expect to live comfortably?"

"I'm not broke. I got shit saved up and you know that." I looked at him stupid when he looked up at me and then let out a chuckle. "KD. . don't make the wrong decision. That's all I can say."

"So you telling me that I should stay and eventually get caught up? And what the fuck you mean by that? How is this a wrong decision?"

"You think you'll get caught?" We stared at each other intently. "Maybe."

"Maybe." He repeated after me and then chuckled once more but I couldn't find what was so fucking funny. "And then, on top of that, my grandma is fucking with Wesley's daddy. . Tell me these niggas ain't up to something. This ain't the first time I seen her with this dude. He been around for a minute."

"Wesl. . white dude, Wesley?"

"White dude Wesley, my girl's ex. I don't wanna have to kill these niggas too Marvin because you know I will. . If they fuck with me, they'll die. You know this."

"KD. . listen son, you gotta calm down or before you know it, your ass is gonna end up dead." He gave me a strange look and it was obvious that he was serious. "What you talking about?"

"Don't act like you bullet proof."

"I know I'm not bullet proof. I know I can be touched but I look at it like this. . I ain't dead yet and if I move, I got a better chance of being free and living."

"That's not true. . unless you move out of the states."

"Like to a island? I ain't tryna be that far."

"Then what the hell, Kaydence? What you wanna do?"

"Man. . I don't know but I gotta do something."

"Well, yo ass better start thinking dawg. . I don't know what's going on wit you but you must be thinking that everything gon' be easy. . Call me later and let me know so when can plan this shit out. . Oh and you still gotta meet the new people." He stood up and walked out of his office. I sat for a second, thinking, before I got up and headed out behind him.