The dark knight

Chapter thirteen

''Bring the bombs, take your weapons! Go Go Go!'', voices echoed through the dark halls right to your cell. The ceiling was trembling. You were lying on your back and little rocks from the ceiling fell down on your face. The voices got louder and you could hear the sound of fighting. ''What's going on here? Is there an attack?...'', you felt uneasy. Was it good or bad? Are they here to rescue you or was this attack something else? A sudden explosion cut through your thoughts and you screamed, hiding your face in your hands. The room was shaking and you chrashed to the wall from the impact. The screams of the fighting soldiers filled the room louder than before and slowly you opened your eyes and watched through your fingers. You were blinded by the sudden light and needed some time to realize that your dark cell doors were gone. Instead there was a big hole and you could see the stairs of the cellar. The warm sunlight shone on the steps like they would bring you up to heaven. In your situation it could be that way.

You thought of your possibilties. Should you risk to get out of here and maybe get caught in the attack and die or should you stay here and wait till the sound of the soldiers were gone and maybe see what will happen?

''Hello? Where is the self-confident (Y/N)? Get up and try your luck.'', you thought and slowly you got up. The adrenaline of this new situation, pushed you and you got up. Your head was burning from the fever, but you could stand it. Slowly you got to the steps and with hands and your feets you crawled step by step up to the main room of the castle.

At the end of the steps you hid behind big rocks of the explosion and watched what happened. There were hundreds of soldiers and they were fighting against Bokblins and Stalfos. The castle was a battlefield. The throne hall destroyed and everywhere were dead monsters and soldiers. You saw the emblem of one soldier. ''They are from Hyrule!!! But wait...The monster said that Dark would steal the book from them, now they are here? What's going on here?'', you thought and you got the hope that maybe Dark would be here. Somewhere...between the fights...

''Link watch out! Behind you.'', a melodic voice caught your attention. You followed the noise and saw a warrior and a cute fairy. He stood out of the hundreds of soldiers. With a green armor he faught Monster after Monster with no effort. You were shocked, he looked like Dark, but he was a human.

Slowly a Bokblin came to your side and wanted to attack you. ''The girly came out of her cell! What a pleasure. Now you will die'', the sudden voice pulled you to your situation and you screamed. You got on your knees and hid your face in your hands. ''No please...i don't want to die...'', you cried out and waited for the pain., but it never came....

''Hey don't worry i am here..'', a hand slowy rubbed your back.

Hands away you looked in deep blue eyes and a smiling face. ''You must be (Y/N)...Now i know why Dark is looking for you. Such a adorable young lady... Are you hurt?'', Link took your hand and helped you to your feet. You blushed at his comment, but quickly you recovered after you heard his name. ''Dark is here? Where is he? Is he okay?'' you said and grabbed link by his shirt. ''Yeah he is okay and if he knows that you are safe he would maybe act a bit better. He is a bit in a bad mood. i don't know how you could handle that.'', Link said and rubbed the back of his head with one hand. ''Bad mood?'', you asked. ''Yeah.. he is a bit out of his mind..'', Link added.

Link took your hand and brought you away from the throne hall. The castle was in a bad state. Some walls were gone and you could see outside. Some places were on fire, it was terrifying. It was like the day it all started. A cold shiver ran down your spine and with both hands you hold onto Link. He recognized your fear. ''I am here (Y/N), don't worry.'', he said in a calm tone. ''He is the exact opposite of Dark Link. Calm and very polite. This is so scary..Dark would react completely different in such a situation...like..'', you thought.