Prologue

"Tell me the story, Grandpa! Please," I begged, and ran into his arms.
"You want the pictures?"
"Yes! Yes! Yes!"
"Ok kiddo," he stood up, with me attached to his hip and had picked up the box from on top of the cabinet. "Let's see.."

We had sat on the couch and I watched as he arranged the photographs and drawings in chronological order across the unoccupied half of the couch.

"Sitting before you is not a man, but merely a cracked shell,
A shell of the lightest pastels to the darkest hues,
Housing burning reds, spirited greens and muted blues,
with no motive, reason, or rational behind his ways,
Except to desaturate worlds and leave completely unphased, do not be amazed, for Colour Bandits have no morals these days.
They'll extract until colour no longer crosses against their path, laughing sweetly as they make luminosity feel their calm, evasive wrath. Head to toe in matte, for which is almost completely unmatched.
Apart from a spectrum, so brilliantly and viciously dispatched- "

My mother walked into the room, interrupting him. The place we always got cut off. I didn't even know if it had an ending.
"That's a nice story Dad, but we have to go Dan, sorry," she said not looking at all sorry about it.
"But Mummy!" I whined. I should've known by then it would've been pointless to complain, but to be fair, I was only six.
"Daniel. Now," she said firmly. "Say goodbye to your Grandpa."

I had sighed and turned to him. "Can you please finish the story next time we see each other?"
"Unfortunately Dan, there is no ending. Not yet anyway," he said and smiled sadly.
"But colour," I had said, pointing the old blue cap I had found in my Grandpa's attic.
"You're a brave boy, Dan.. very brave indeed," he said and looked me in the eye. "Keep wearing it, and I feel you'll begin writing the end of the story yourself."

A wide grin had spread across my face as he spoke those words to me. We had briefly hugged before my mother had walked back in and told me to get in the car. When I had walked past her, she snatched the hat off of my head. "You need to stop wearing that bloody hat in public," she had said. "You know what could happen to you after you turn twelve."
"Yes mummy.."

I remember us driving home and my mother throwing the hat out of the window. I remember calling my grandfather the minute we got home to tell him what had happened to his hat. I remember him telling me that there were other ways to be brave in this unfortunate world. I remember asking him if one day someone can recolour me blue again. I remember the line going silent and hearing yelling on the other end. I remember the phone being taken off of me and being shooed out of the room. I remember my mother having to sit me down and explain how a Bandit had found the hat and traced it back to grandpa. I remember her saying they were going to have to take him to a place where nobody except for the one's who were influenced my God's failed creation. I remember not understanding what she meant.

I remember that being the day I grew to love black and white.

-------------------------------
is this bad? is anyone going to actually read this?? if you are, then hallo and welcome and yes i am aware this's call red and troye's song is blue, it just fit into this chapter somewhat
bye children, tell me what you think in the comments possibly?