Not Just a Mudrat

I ambled along the planes and hovercrafts and buildings looking for a street vendor that served the meat that Bix and I liked. Eventually we managed to find one, but his high prices meant that the rest of the week wasn't going to be great food-wise. I sat on a bench under an awning, gratefully for a respite from the harsh sun. 

Bix rested his furry back against my neck, his tails rested on either side of my shoulder, as he nibbled on a piece of meat from my sandwich. When he squeaked, I glanced over to see his eyes starting to glow. I flicked him with my free hand. "Do you want to be shot? What have I told you about that? Remember: you're a mudrat, or you're dead." 

He let out a sad puff off smoke that I quickly dispersed with a wave of my hand before glaring at him. Bix looked a little depressed since he had to suppress his powers, but he at the slightly undercooked meat anyways before sticking out his small paws out for more. 

I picked a slice out from between the bread and handed it over before finishing the rest of the meal myself. I took a sip of water before giving Bix a lid full of it. Once he had drained it, I put the bottle back in the bag, taking time to make sure I had everything, and closed it back up before slinging across the vacant shoulder. 

Ignoring the spacecrafts launching and landing behind me, I got up and started walking down the dusty streets, looking for a place to set up camp for the night. I didn't get far before everything went dark and I felt Bix's tiny claws scratching at my neck and chin inside the sack thrown over my head. I panicked and started to scream while fighting against whoever was trying to drag me backwards. However, I quickly lost all ability to struggle as two strong hands snatched my legs off the ground and clamped them together. I tried my hardest to escape, fighting against their control as hard as I could, but I'm unfortunately a very small person in the hands of two very strong men.

I had almost lost all hope before an idea struck me, "Bix, eyes now!" I felt his head turn to the side in confusion against my face. "Ignore what I said before! Do it now!"

He sack around my head quickly fell off as Bix's laser eyes cut through it. I dropped to the ground just a second after that when his laser struck the hands around my wrists then turning to the second pair around my ankles. I shot up onto my feet and started sprinting, Bix clutching onto the strap of my bag for dear life. I started sprinting, hoping that they would be too shocked to chase after me.