Minute Eleven

"You're one minute late, Nova." A stern voice told me as I walked into the main deck. The voice belonged to the dark haired man leaning his elbows on the holotable. 

"Oh well," I said carelessly as I sat in one of the chairs, "guess I'll be here early next time to make up for it." I smiled at him be he continued to glare as Blaze smirked.

"She's got a little bit of sass, cap." Blaze looked over at Castor who wouldn't smile like he had in my bedroom just a little bit ago.

Castor walked towards me. "I will knock the sass out of you if you disobey me again."

I didn't know what had changed in him or why he suddenly needed me to obey him. "The sass wouldn't be there if you'd've let me sleep." I continued smiling, not bothering to break eye contact with him. I could hear Blaze howling with laughter in the background as Val requested permission to land over the radio.

Eventually Castor turned away. I felt as though I had won something, happiness bubbled up inside me as he turned away, giving up on his threats. I dunno why I was feeling so brave in front of these people who had kidnapped me yesterday. I guess it might have been since I didn't have much to lose and they seemed kind enough. They had given Bix and me a place to stay, so I might as well help them. Plus if they ditch me like Eddy, I'd be in the same position I'd been in as before, but they seemed like they needed me and I don't think that they'd just let go of my skill that easily. Especially after all the time they spent trying to capture me.

Castor walked to the cockpit and started helping Val land while Blaze and I buckled in. The descent was smooth and soon the ramp was opening as the five of us gathered around the table.

"Alright, this stop shouldn't take more than three hours. Blaze and I are going to go search the pubs for the contact while Val takes Nova to look normal." Castor ordered.

"Hey!" I shouted at him, "I look plenty normal."

Val took the piece of hair from Bix and showed it to me "Your hair is lopsided and you have leggings that don't fit. They're so big I can't even alter them for you! We'll get you fixed up." She guided me away from the boys and down the ramp. When we reached the bottom she continued. "Don't worry this is going to be fun. Hungry?"

I nodded and we started going towards a restaurant in the opposite direction of the boys.