Too Old

I'm 24 now. I live in a small apartment in New York with my Husky, Alaska, who's no longer a pup and my husband. I'm scrolling through YouTube for the first time in 10 years looking for a video on school supplies. Typically I use Pinterest but I wanted a DIY video so I could watch how to make things. I'm scrolling through the things I used to watch as a 14 year old. I notice I have over 100 notifications, I decide to look at them. I see the latest one, it's from 4 months ago. It's Graser10. I click on the video to watch and remind myself. I hear music and see a Graser10 sign flash across the screen. Then I see a man, probably in his 30s, with brown hair.
"Hello everybody and welcome back to another video." I hear his Husky voice again and everything comes back. He tells a story about how he started YouTube with Club Penguin, and then I hear heartbreaking words. He's quitting YouTube. He's out of ideas and needs a real, better paying job. He says his goodbyes one last time and that music with the Graser10 sign flashes across the screen for the last time. I decide to continue scrolling down my notifications. The next one is from Kiingtong. His Disarm You music plays and I watch his Minecraft figure stab someone I could never quite tell. I see a tall, lanky man with a beard and thick brown hair come into view.
"Hello everyone and welcome back to another video." I hear his British voice and listen as he says he's quitting YouTube. He basically repeats what Graser said but adds that him and his wife, Shelby/Shubble want to start a family. He does his outro and his song plays for the last time. In the end credits there's a scene of Shelby waving goodbye. I go back to my notifications and see that Shelby had a new video too. I already know what it is but I click on it anyways. I see her with her pale face, cute smile, and blonde ombré hair.
"Heeeeello and welcome back to another video." Her cute high pitched voice startles me at first but I get used to it as her voice lowers the less excited she gets. She says the same thing I've already heard from Will. I watch her one last time as she uses her high pitched voice to say her outro and I giggle as she practically screams her, "Boooooiiii!!" I see the end credit/after outro and its Will waving to the camera. I wave back. I hear a ding and notice that I have a new notification. I click the video that's on Graser's channel. It starts with his oh-so-familiar black screen with writing.
The writing reads,
"I know this is a little late but it took us a while to find all the pictures. I hope you enjoy and thank you for the support throughout the years! We love you!"
The first picture is a picture of Club Penguin, then Poptropica. Then Minecraft pops up. The original members of the Cube Season 1 come up. All of the pictures from Instagram and the conventions. Then Season 2, and Season 3. I get to see Stacy and Graser, and Will and Bee. I see Biani who I never watched, and ThatOneTomahawk who I wish I knew. I laugh at some pictures. A lot of the pictures. Harmony Hollow pictures come up. Pictures of just Grubble and just WilLiam. Then pictures of the four of them, who I watched for months. Which quickly turned into the five. HBomb94, ShubbleYT, MightySigils, Kiingtong, and Graser10. Then pictures of Shelby and Will come up, lots from their wedding, the one I watched until four in the morning. I feel tears on my face as the last pictures come across the screen. Then the screen goes black and I can only see my wet face.
Words pop up,
"Here's our last thank you to the fans. A slideshow of how far we've come because of you guys. We just want to give this one last thank you for all of the support and say that we love you! We hope that we'll be remembered as more than just "those nerds who played Minecraft for a living", but as "those nerds who saved lives and made people happy". So thank you to everyone who helped us get this far, we love you so much!
Forever and For Always- Zach(Graser10), Will, Andrew, Parker, Liam, Shelby, The Cube Group, Harmony Hollow, and the rest of our YouTube family. Goodbye!!"
The video turned off and by this time I'm pouring tears. All I want is to go back to when I was eight and watch my first YouTube video. I want to go back and relive every moment, every laugh, every first reaction, every new discovery. I want to travel the YouTube world again, finding what was right for me. But I know I can't. I turn off my iPad and walk away, but quickly come back realizing that I still need school ideas. So maybe I can find new things on YouTube. As I log back on I wave to my iPad; a symbol of hello, to the new people, and goodbye, to the people who raised me. When looking for a video I scroll down and down until I find a video of "DIYS For Teachers". I watch the video. I like this girl. Maybe it won't be too hard to find more people to help me continue to grow up, because I'm never TOO OLD.

________________________
There it is. The last chapter. I actually wrote this about a month ago for a writing prompt, but I thought it would do this story well. This story has gotten so much love, and I've loved writing it. The new book, Lifesaver, should be up in the next week, so look out for that. Love you guys so much and thank you for the support!! Byeeee!!

Also I didn't have the motivation to write this, and I was feeling really anxious today. But then Will released his new merch. (Go check that out). And then I bought it. And then I tweeted at Will. And then HE LIKED MY TWEET!!! I'm so happy today and I wish I could thank him!!!

 And then HE LIKED MY TWEET!!! I'm so happy today and I wish I could thank him!!!

Here's proof. Also excuse my other notifs. But that was just awesome and I wanted you guys to experience the experience as well!!!
P.S you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram at ella_zipp.

Ok now I'm done.
Until The Next Book or The Next Time
            -Ella