Joyride

I woke up to a huge shaking in my shoulder. I turn my head to see none other than officer hick at my bedside. I jump out of bed in a panic. Trying to remember what happened in my nightmare and why i was so afraid.

"FIRE FIREEEEE!!!!!!" I screamed.

"Danny calm down there's no fire your at your......house." I shake my head and look around there's no fire but i swear i could still feel my skin burn. I can still smell the smoke. I calm my breathing and look at Officer Hick.

"Hick!? How do you know where i live why are you here?!"

"I followed you home."

"that's not creepy at all." I say sarcastically.

"Not as creepy as the man i saw stalking you."

"Stalking me?"

"You were being followed last night. When you locked yourself in the storage unit i tried to make an arrest on him but he got away."

"Great i was being followed by two crazy people."

"Get dressed."

"Fine get out ill meet you there."

I get dressed in my usual ten jersey top with some ripped skinny jeans and convers i tie my jacket around my waist grab an apple and head out.

Officer Hick is standing outside with his car i look at him like he's stupid.

"Don't look at me like I'm stupid! How are you going to get across town in eight minutes!"

I sigh and pull out a little disc from my pocket showing it to him.

"is that disc magic? Will it make you teleport?"

"no." I say. "it's gonna make me fly."

"what?" I click the button in the center of the disc and throw it onto the ground. It fold out into a skateboard without wheels and starts to hover on the ground. "Wow why dont you go to school with that big brain of yours?"

"Tried already. They wont let kids like me into there snobby ass school." He looks at me with pity. I don't need his pity. I step onto my board and my magnets in my shoes kick on securing me into my spot. I will the board to go up then look down at him. "ill meet you there officer."