Blind for love

My mom always loves to make dinners for hers friends and when she does that, it is Day D. She loves that everything is perfect and for your own safety, you better move out of her way which my dad, my brother and I always do. She is preparing ,right now , the dinner, because family Glynn-Carney is coming in our house. My parents have been for a long friend with them and my brother and I have been with his son, Tom.

Well, I had been friend with him until he got the premiere of the newest movie called "Dunkirk." . That's when we stopped to talk because he started to enjoy attention of girls who recognized his beauty. He is, truly, beautiful inside and out, but I couldn't stand that he is looking other girl the way he used to look me. No, we weren't in relationship and I never had feeling for him, nothing more than best friend feeling. I mean, I thought that until we broke friendship even though we didn't do it officially, we just stopped to talk. That's when I realized that I love him more than just a best friend, but who cared about that when he would never be with me.

Mom called me to come downstairs, which meant that they are here. I came down only to see red headed family greeted by my parents and brother. I greeted them to, only saying simple 'hello' to Tom. We proceeded to the kitchen where mom prepared everything. Everyone took their places and unfortunately Tom sat next to me.
We started to eat and our parents started to talk about global warming. Tom, my brother and I just awkwardly nodded when they would occasionally looked at us.

The dessert was served and now they were talking about obsessively usage of tehnology. The bored was killing me which Tom obviosly noticed because he touched my knee with his. I looked up to him waiting for whatever he needed from me. "You want to take a walk with me?" he quietly asked. "No way." I said a little bit loudly as I returned attention back to the cake infront of me.

"What's going on there?" my mom asked with the biggest smile on her face.
I wanted to say 'nothing' but Tom was faster. "I wanted to take a walk with y/n, but she is not in the mood." he said as he shrugged.
"What y/n? " my mom asked and looked at my direction and if the look could kill, I would already be dead. "Of course that she will go with you, darling." she continued as she put back on smile. Does anyones ask me here asomething?

I wanted to protest but my mom glared at me and I knew there was no room for arguing with her, so I got up and went outside, Tom followed me and we both end up on the street.
"Will you tell what is wrong with you?" He asked me.
"Nothing." I said because I didn't want to tell him how I have feelings for him.
"I know you for too long y/n. You haven't called me in month." Tom said. I chuckled on his statement.
"You didn't either." I said as I started to walk away but his warm hand grabbed my wrist and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Maybe because I needed time to think." Tom said looking me directly in the eyes.
"Well, I hope you had a great time thinking." I said trying to walk away from him but I failed at my attempt.
"I thought about how much I love you." he said in one breath and I looked up to him confused.
"What?" I quietly asked.
"Damn y/n, I love you. I always did, just that I was blind for love. It was infront of me all the time." Tom said and I was taken back. He just said things that I was thinking too. Since he said this, I knew that my next step wouldn't be mistake. I came closer to him and pressed my lips against his, which he happily accepted.

"Does this means you love me too?" he asked as he broke the kiss.
"I guess it does." I shyly smiled.
"I love you y/n." he started to yell.
"Shut up, Tom." I said as I tried to calm him down. I didn't want our parents to hear this.
"They expected this." he said and I was confused for the moment but then it hit me as a lightning.
"You all planned this?" I asked even though I already knew the answer, at which Tom nodded smiling.

"How did you know I felt the same for you?" I asked him as we sat on the bench.
"Our parents said how everytime we are together we look like a love couple, so I didn't need more evidences." he said as he put his arm around my shoulder.At the end, he did end up with me even though we were blind for our love for too long.