Disaster (2)

My mom got everything ready since she never leaves anything to be done by someone else. Especially, not to me since she probably think that I will try to sabotage her dinner with Carneys.

I was walking around my own apartmet as if I was at some stranger place because everytime I went in my bedroom, my mom would ask me "where is this, where is that, you have nothing in this kitchen". Living room was occupied by my dad and football so yeah I was walking around as crazy.

I got ready because my mom already put everything at the table which meant that Carneys are on the way. And it was true, in like 10 minutes, bell started to ring.

I came to the door to open and at my surprise Tom wasn't there, just his mom and dad. I wanted to scream because my prayers came to life but I have to act cool since somehow his parents were and still are as my second parents.

They both hugged me and looked at me with sadness in their eyes. I tried to shrugged it off and just smiled at them because I didn't want to ruin the dinner.

We all passed to the table and started dinner. Everything was amazing until my mom didn't mention Tom and questioned where is he and  why he didn't come.

I tried to play it cool and even to skip this theme by asked where they plan on spending their summer but against my mom, everything was conepletely useless.

"Where is he?" My mom smiled at Tom's mom.
"Well" she started and she looked as if she was looking for a right answer to give.
"He had some bussiness to do." she finished but that answer wasn't good enough for my mom.
"What was that much important to skip dinner with old friends?" She asked at which I chuckled ironicly and that resulted with whole table staring at me.

"What?" I asked as I continued to eat.
"Tell her darling." Tom's dad said to his wife while giving me sympatetic smile.
"Well the actual reason why he couldn't come is" she stopped again taking a deep breathe "that he have a date tonight."

My mom turned pale and my dad tried to catch my eye contact but I mastered avoiding ones. They all stopped to eat while I didn't stop at all.

"What?" I asked as I looked at up while they were staring at me once again.
"Darling." My mom said as she smiled at me.
"What mom? You expected him to come here and that we would work out everything and end up again together?And that eventually you'll have a lot blondish grandchildren?. Well guess what mom, you won't. You won't." I said as I got up.

"I knew that this would be a disaster." I mumbled as I left the apartment.

Your opinions so far?
Thank you for all your support
xx