PROLOGUE PART 5

MILO

Ma says good night to me before closing the closet. I crawl closer to the door and peak through the cracks.

"Shit, what's that god awful smell?" The voice asks.

Ma had her back to Ken and she was making something. "It's the porridge. Milo didn't eat so, yeah. Sorry, I should've put it away. I wasn't thinking."

"Yeah well...thinking isn't your strong suit."

"You're right," Ma said. Ma always sounds like this when Ken is around. She sound sad? Why? "Ummm...We've run out of those vitamins. It'd be nice if your could get some more? Please?"

I hear Ken sigh, "You know, I try so hard for you and that bastard of a son of yours. I have given you guys a lot. I opened this pack up for you. It would be nice if you could say a fucking thank you once in a while." He growled. Oh! He said a bad word!

Ma was silent for a bit till she said, "You're right. I should be more thankful. Thank you Alpha Kendrick. You're very kind to me."

I accidently knocked my knocked my elbow on the side of the closet, making a noise.

"What was that?" Ken asked,

"Nothing."

I heard him stand up, "You keep him in the closet? I haven't seen him in a while. Why don't I-" I could hear his foot steps coming closer.

"Hey no! J-just...come to bed with me...please." She whispered. I hear the footsteps retreat. I hear him take his shoes off. That's good, Ma doesn't like shoes in our room. Then I hear the bed squeaking in a rhythm. Ma says Ken comes to play games with her so than she can win me my present. I close my eyes and slowly go to sleep.

SOLOMON

I heard the singing again. It was beautiful It relaxed me for some reason. I just laid in bed and listened. I've been doing this for a couple of days now. I would come to bed, I would lye down, and I would wait until I hear her sing. Then when she is finally finished, I can sleep.

MILO

I woke up during the night. I looked around this stinky cupboard. I lean against the back and sighed. I do this every friday. Ma said that if I don't stay in the cupboard all night...bad things can happen. And I don't want bad things to happen.

Whenever I am in the cupboard, Ken comes around to play with Mummy. I have never seen him before. I have seen his leg, his arm, his back and his hand. But never his face, mummy wouldn't let me.

I wonder what he looks like. Maybe he has orange hair? Or maybe purple? I like purple. Or maybe he was actually santa! Why else would he give presents to me right? Oh my gosh! It could be santa!

I felt tingles of excitement in my body. I really wanted to see what he looked like for one. It wouldn't hurt just to see a glimpse...right?

I slowly opened the cupboard. I see my mommy sleeping on the bed next to Ken. Her back is to him. But his hand came around her and was holding her boobie. I frowned, what kind of a game is that?

I stepped out of the closet and went to the side of the bed. I made sure not take make any noise! Like I'm a spy!

I look down at his face. I frowned, "You're not santa." I whispered to myself. I just stood there for a while, looking at him, till a splotch of colour caught my attention. On the bedside cabinet was a present. It was bright red with a gold ribbon. I want to touch it, but then Ken might take it away.

I looked back to Ken. I gasped when I saw his eyes open. He smiled at me, "Hey there," He whispered. I took a step back and I just stared at him. He chuckles. His eyes quickly glances at the present before looking back at me, "You want the present? Come a little closer." He reached his hand out to me.