CHAPTER 1

SOLOMON

Ayla. My Ayla. The whole time I've been here...I haven't thought of her once...till now. I wonder where she is. I wonder what she's doing. I wouldn't be surprised if she owned a surf shop somewhere or maybe she became a travel photographer...like how she always wanted to be. She always wanted to travel the world and take pictures of the sweetest moments. 

I sigh, "Oh Ayla..." I remember when we were younger and we didn't know we were mates yet. We were best friends. We did everything together. I protected her whenever she was in trouble and trust me...she was always in trouble. But we made good memories together. Precious memories. It almost felt like yesterday that we lived those memories.... They were the moments of my life that I will always hold in my heart. 

15 YEAR OLD SOLOMON

"I don't want to go to the beach," I complained to my dad. 

"Come on son, its summer, its a beautiful day...how could you not want to come?"

I shrugged my shoulder, "Maybe because Xander isn't here anymore."

My dad went silent. I knew I shouldn't have said that. My big brother, Xander has been missing for a couple of years. Ever since he went missing...nothing was the same. I wasn't the cheerful kid I once was. I wasn't interested in doing anything. I wasn't interested in making friends anymore. I would usually be stuck in my room or just go out on my own for a while. 

I sighed and looked back up at my father, "Sorry, dad. I didn't mean it like that."

My father sits next to me, "I know it's been hard this past couple of years son, you and your bg brother were close and I understand that. I miss him too." But he turns to me and looks me in the eye, "But you have to understand something else son, you are a Nightwalker. You are strong. Your brother may not be here right now, but you have the choice of how you will live with it. You can try to move on, try to do things, be with people, learn to be happy again, learn to make a dream again...or you can be stuck in this eternal circle of not moving forward. which one sounds more appealing to you."

I was silent for a moment. I was soaking in my father's words because I knew he was right. "The first one."

My father nodded, "That's right. And that is what you have to start learning to do. Start learning to be happy again."

I looked down and nodded my head. 

My father stood up and patted my shoulder, "Good. Now come to the beach with us."

I groaned but I complied.

***

"Soul come play in the water with me!" Yelled Zapora, my little sister.

I waved my hand and shook my head' "Maybe later Zay."

She rolled her eyes and continued to play in the water.

I laid back down in the sun and put my sunglasses back on.

I am not enjoying myself...at all. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be around my family and I don't want anyone to bother me ever again. I sigh and think that my world would be a better place if that happened.

But my world is shit. I don't want to be a part of my world no more.

"Soul look! It's so cool!" Zay exclaimed.

I groaned and sat up, "Zay I've told I don't feel like-" But I lost my sentence when I saw my little sister pointing at someone in the water.

A girl...

She was surfing the waves like she easy made for it. And let me tell you he waves were BIG.

I couldn't help but give my full attention to this surfer girl. She was wearing a wet suit with her golden blonde hair whipping everywhere as she glided through the waves like it was second nature.