CHAPTER 9

AYLA

I was in the shower for a while. I needed to get out that room. I felt like I couldn't breathe with Solomon in there. I guess I was just confused about how to act around him. I mean before, when I was trapped, I fantasized about running into his arms and pretend none of this happened. But guess I have to acknowledge that it did happen and things have changed. It wasn't the same. Everyone wasn't the same. 

I guess when you're trapped in a place like I was for five years, doing the exact same thing every day, going through the same exact thing, you develop this mindset that time has frozen for you. But now that I am free and I see everyone, I realize that time wasn't frozen and that while I was stuck doing the same thing on repeat, everyone else moved on with their lives without me. 

I wasn't angry. But I felt sad. I was sad that I had been stuck for five years while everyone else continued to live...while I didn't want to but I made myself to. I've been stuck for so long now...I don't know how to live anymore. I don't know how to act anymore. 

And then...there was Solomon. My mate. I have no idea what to do with him. I mean, he's engaged. I don't want to ruin that for him. But I felt hurt a little too when he probably loves this girl, treating her well. Loving her. Protecting her. And actually giving her proper attention. Things he didn't give me when I needed it. But from what I've seen so far...he doesn't seem like the same Soul I left behind five years ago. But I don't understand why he couldn't have changed when we were together. I wouldn't be asking for him to be perfect, but at least I wanted him to try to be the better version of himself. If he had changed, I wouldn't have left. If I hadn't left...I would never have been caught. I sighed. So many bad decision...leading to one bad point.

I release my mind of such thought. I just need to focus on Me and Milo. That's it.

I sighed and turned off the water. I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around me. I turned towards the mirror and wiped the steam off to reveal a girl. I didn't recognize her at all. She was a stranger. I gulped and looked away. I didn't want to see how much I changed. When I first was trapped...I was full of fight. I had many beating to try and break me...but I refused. I would talk back. I would try to fight him. I would not submit...but the day he broke was when I came back to the attic and Milo was gone. I screamed and I cried. It was a punishment. That was when I realized how much control he has over me.

That was when I changed. I went from being the most lively girl...to a girl that is fighting to have the desire to live...but really...she would love nothing more than to leave this world.

6 YEARS AGO. 

Solomon and I have been together for two months now...and it was amazing. He was still a complete dick...but it was still good. We were still best friends...but just best friends with a pinch of romance. 

I was getting ready to go out with Solo. We were going to the new diner that opened up recently. It was just a casual hang out with each other. We have never done anything really formal. I mean, I've never done the formal thing. I have always been casual. A little part of me did want to experience a formal date though. The excitement of finding a nice dress, getting my makeup and hair done. I smiled, maybe I could ask Soul if we could do something like that someday. 

I rolled my eyes though. Soul would never want to do something that. He would shut down the idea straight away. He never did the formal thing ever and had no desire for it, unlike me. But that's okay I guess.

I sighed and leaned back to see myself in the mirror. I looked okay. I was just wearing some black jeans, a grey hoodie with a blue denim jacket over it along with some white converse shoes. My hair was in a messy bun and I had no makeup on. Solomon has seen me a million times without makeup and since it's casual, I don't see the need to put any on.