CHAPTER 43

If you look at the pic above. You can see that Solomon isn't very happy about his mate getting taken lol. LOVE HIM!!!

My wrists were aching from the tight shackles rubbing against my skin. My arms were sore from having them held above my head for so long. Everything is just getting sore and uncomfortable. 

Especially my back. He didn't whip as much as I thought he would and it didn't hurt as much as I thought either. I guess maybe my mind has found a way to reduce the amount of pain I feel. 

I was still in my bra and underwear. He wanted me exposed. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to get inside my head. He's trying to remind me that I am still the same Ayla I was a year ago. I wasn't going to let him trap me like that. I can't. 

The door opens. Kendrick comes in and his eyes trail up and down my body, "How are you feeling, Ayla?" As if he even cares.

I smile brightly, "I am fantastic! Thank you for asking, Kendrick." My voice was drenched with sarcasm. 

He growls in annoyance, "Don't toy with me, precious. I am the one in control here."

He circled around me, watching me like I'm his prey. I felt my breath become short though my heart was picking up the tempo. I was familiar with this feeling. I was helpless. I couldn't do anything. I was at his mercy. I tried hard not to show any sign of anxiety, but when you feel emotions that intense, it's almost painful not to express them. But I keep it at bay and  hid them behind my mask.

"My arms are sore." I confessed. 

He stops in front of me, "That's the point, Precious." He takes one step forward, "You have been gone for a year." He circles around me. I felt my back against his front. He places his face close to my neck. I felt disgust when I heard him inhale my scent deeply, "I have missed you for a year,, craved you for a year," He says breathlessly, "I've had to go to the whore house to try and satisfy my needs, but...no one can satisfy me like you can, Precious."

I felt disgust no only for him, but myself as well. All those times I slept with Kendrick, I had to sometimes pretend I hated it, or pretend I loved it. A tear escaped through the cracks of my mask. Maybe I'm just as bad as Kendrick, just as dirty. Every night I had to go to his bed. I had done it so many times it felt like a normal chore after a year of doing it. A deep weight of shame had planted in my chest. It pressed down on me so heavily. 

"You may not admit it, but you enjoyed me, didn't you, Precious?" He whispered closely to my ear. I closed my eyes as I felt his breath on my neck, "You tried not to enjoy, but you did."

"I never enjoyed it," I snarled, "I hate you. I hated every minute with you. Do not come here and tell me what I felt. I knew EXACTLY what I felt. It was not enjoyment."

His hands gripped my hips. His fingers dug deep into my skin, imprinting it with bruises. I winced as he yanks me back against his front, "You will not talk to me in such a way, whore. That is all you are good for, Precious. You are only useful for an itch to scratch, a good fuck. You are nothing more than that. You were never a good mother. What kind of a pregnant girl walks in the dark by herself and trusts any kind of Alpha. You are so stupid and naive. You weren't a good mate. You're no good for anything."

I tried not to let his worse effect me, but he had just pressed the button on all of my insecurities. He had just put lemon juice over my wound and I could hear it sizzling loud in my ear. I gulped and took a deep breath. 

"If you were clever enough, " He whispers closer, I could feel his lips touching my ear, "You could have escaped with your pup earlier. Probably even months after you arrived. But you were so easy to manipulate, so easy to control. You stayed for five years when you could have gone years earlier, " He chuckles as if he found something amazingly hilarious, "It's quite funny really."