|promises break|

Shortly after Millie arrived at the bus stop the big yellow bus came rolling down the street to a screeching stop. With her headphones still blasting into her ears she gets on the bus and nods at the bus driver, taking a seat a few rows back. She stares out the window wishing everything could be different, wishing she still had her mom. Damn she misses her. Suddenly the bus stops and a few kids get on to bus, of course Millie ignored them, she only was looking for her best friend.
A girl walked onto the bus and her firey red hair swayed with each step. She had this look in her eyes, she was awfully pretty , and she knew it.
"Mills!!" Sadie screamed earning some looks
From the rows on the bus.
"Hey sads !" Millie's voice croaked, she was hurting but she couldn't let it show, especially not in front of Sadie. Millie covered up her hurt voice with enthusiasm and a light grin.

"So how was break?!" Sadie seemed happier than usual. Weird was all millie thought of.
"It was great" she lied. "what did you do Sadie you seem happy." Millie said with a smirk.

Sadie blushed and began rambling, "well I went to that party, remember ?" Millie hummed in response. "Well when I went I met this boy." Millie smirked, she loved seeing Sadie happy, but all she could hope for was that happiness making its way to her.

"Well come on Sadie we don't have all day, tell me about him!" Millie sarcastically joked.

Sadie playfully rolled her eyes before continuing, "well he has dark skin that matches his beautiful eyes," Sadie's eyes seemed to be twinkling, damn she really likes him Millie thought. "He's on the football team and his names Caleb." Sadie said seeming genuinely happy.

The bus again made another stop this time it was their final destination Hawkins high school

The bus again made another stop this time it was their final destination Hawkins high school. Millie groaned at the sight and rolled her eyes. Most kids after winter break are either eager to go back to school or just want to stay home. In this case , Millie didn't fit in to any of those two stereotypes.

At home there's a man, who once was loving and caring, he loved his wife and daughter, until one day after he lost his job, he started drinking. And the drinking never seemed to stop.

At school there's kids that think making fun of others make them better. Making others feel hurt seemed to satisfy their happiness. When it first started Millie swore it would never get to her. But promises break.

/// A/N I have a few chapters prewritten in case I'm busy. I don't have a schedule yet about posting sorry!!  Comment your ideas :)