1

"said little bitch you can't fuck with me if you wanted to. These expensive. These is red bottoms. These is bloody shoes. Hit the store, I can buy em both, I don't wanna choose and I'm quick to cut a nigga off so don't get comfortable"

Even though I was dead sleep, I heard Cardi B playing somewhere in my room. I ignored it at first until I realized that it was my phone. I grabbed my phone and shut off the alarm shortly before my mom came in. I sat up in my bed as my mom opened the door.

"Good morning baby girl"

"Morning mama."

"Come on down here and eat before you go get ready for school."

"I'll be down in just a second."

She left my room, shutting the door behind her. I put my glasses on and went down stairs to eat breakfast. Halfway down the stairs, I heard other voices. I walked into the kitchen and my cousin Jordan was sitting at the table eating. I ruffled Jordan's afro and sat down beside him.

"Why are you here?"

"We ain't got no food and I wanted breakfast."

"Boy... Don't talk with ya mouth full. That's disgusting."

He opened his mouth and showed his mouthful of food. I gave him a disgusted look and elbowed him in the side as my mom put a plate of food and a glass of apple juice in front of me.

"JoJo, you're literally disgusting.... Thank you mama."

"You're welcome baby. Eat up so you won't be late for school."

I began eating and started a conversation.

"Mama, you're off today right?"

"Yes but I have to go pick up a friend from the airport at 2."

"Remember, they announce the seniors before the game starts so, you have to be there by 6:15."

"I'll be there baby girl."

"Okay, Nick who-"

I stopped mid sentence because Jordan tried to stick his fork in my plate.

"Keep your fork outta my plate fat ass!"

"You're the fat ass."

"Says the one trying eat my food despite having a full plate in front of them."

"Y'all quit playing and hurry up. Liyah you still have to get ready."

I finished my breakfast and put my plate in the sink. I went to my bathroom and hopped in the shower. It's now 6:30 am and school starts at 7:45 so I'd have to hurry up in order to beat school traffic. Luckily, it's Friday which means I had to wear my cheer uniform.

I dried off and put on my uniform.

I grabbed my keys, my phone, and my backpack and headed downstairs

"Alright mama, we're out."

"Bye babies. Have a good day at school."

We walk out the door and he headed back across the street to his house.

"Jordan, you ain't riding with me?"

"Yeah but I gotta go grab my jersey and my gym bag and I'm driving"

"No the fuck you're not and hurry up Jordan or we're going to be late."

He flipped me off and headed into his house. I unlocked my car and threw my bag in the backseat. I got in the car and hooked the aux cord to my phone. Jordan got in and we were off to school. Jordan and I got out of my car and walked into school.

"Wassup Aaliyah"

"Hey!"

I nodded at one of my classmates as we were walking down the hallway to first period. I'm a huge star in this school. I'm the captain of the cheer squad and captain of the Girl's basketball team. I'm the #2 ranked female player in the nation and #1 in the state so, you can say I'm a big deal. Everybody knows me and I know everybody. I might not know their names but I know their faces.

I walked into my 1st period class and sat in my normal seat. Even though he didn't assign seats, I sat in the same place everyday.

I pulled my phone out and checked my texts as the bell rang. My coach texted us about a meeting this morning.

I grabbed my stuff and told Mr. Kinkade that I had a meeting to go to.

I went in Coach Dyer's room and all of my teammates were there already.

"About time you got here Aaliyah."
"yeah, you're always late."

My best friends Brielle and Ariyah said to me as I sat on top of coach Dyer's desk.

"Leave me alone. I just checked my phone. "

The meeting was about the pep rally that we were having today but that only took a few minutes. So we just hung out for the rest of the period until the bell rang.

**skips to the end of the school day.**

Ariyah and I made it out to our cars before Brielle and Jordan, so Ariyah and I waited for them in my car.

"They better not be fucking."

I looked at Ariyah funny and started laughing.

"You know that you can leave right? You don't have to wait on anybody. I do."

"You're right. I'm gone. See you at the game sis."

"See you later."

She got out of my car and into her own and pulled off. I got a text from Jordan saying that I can go home because he's gonna ride with Brielle.

I texted back 'aight' and drove home.

When I got home, it's was 3:30. So, I went upstairs to my room and put my phone on charge. I had gotten a text telling me that we'll be wearing alternative home uniforms so I went down stairs to find it. I heard someone come in the front door and I automatically assumes that it was my mom. I got up off of my bed and went down stairs.

"Mom?"

"Living room! "

I went into the living room and leaned on the door frame that separates the kitchen and living room. I wasn't prepared for who I seen sitting on my couch......

-------------------------------------------------------

I like this version much better than I did the last one. So, I hope y'all like it too.