11

*a week later*

Today was the first game of the season for the Girl's team. Since it was game day, I had to dress like a female You'll usually find me in sweatpants or basketball shorts but our coach requires us to dress up. I had my outfit already on and I was just now doing my make up. My post game clothes, my uniform and my Shoes layed on my bed beside my gym bag. Once I was done with my makeup, I went over to my bag and put everything in it. I zipped up my bag and headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Aaliyah, you look cute today and I absolutely love your hair!."

"Thanks Miss Tina

"Thanks Miss Tina. Do you guys know where my mom is?"

"She had to fly to L.A. for a meeting with the Lakers."

"Oh okay."

I looked at the floor and sat at the table. My heart broke... It was my first game of the season and she's gonna miss it. I understand she has business to take care of but I couldn't help but feel sad.

"Liyah, she wanted to be here for your first game but they called her last minute. "

I just nodded my head without looking up because I know that if I did, I'll cry.

The boys came down the stairs and sat at the table with me. Lavar put a plate of food in front of my face and the sadness melted away. Food always makes me feel better.  Tina and lavar joined us at the table.

"Liyah you excited for the game tonight?"

"Oh definitely. If we win tonight, we control the season."

"I can't wait to see you play in person. What time is tip off?"

"7:00 but We draw large crowds so you might want to get there early."

I picked my phone up to see a text from Denise.

Dental Floss: did you tell Zo to break up with me?

Liyah: no.

Dental Floss: you're a fucking liar. He broke up with me because of you! I thought we were friends. How could you ruin everything?!

Liyah: I didn't tell zo to break up with you. He broke up with you because he felt as if you were too clingy. So... Bye Fiona.

Dental Floss: who is Fiona?

Liyah: