12

The dismissal bell rang signaling that it was time to go home. As I was walking into the gym, someone tapped me on my shoulder.

"Excuse me but I'm looking for a Beautiful Black Queen by the name of Aaliyah Ball-Taylor. Do you happen to know where I can find her?"

I turned around and started to tell this dude to fuck off but I seen my corny ass boyfriend Jaire standing behind me, smiling. I smiled at his corny ass line and gave him a hug.

"You're such a corny ass nigga."

"Yeah, but you like my corny ass."

"You right."

He tilted my head up and kissed me.

"I just wanted to see you before I left because I probably won't see you before the game."

"Awe baby..."

"You better drop at least 30 tonight."

"I'll try my best."

"Well, I'll let you get in there. I just wanted to see you."

"Alright. If j don't see you before the game, I'll see you after the game."

"Okay."

He gave me one last kiss and we went our separate ways.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting in front of my locker lacing up my sneakers and eating a banana so I wouldn't cramp up. I had everything on except my jersey.

"Aaliyah turn on some music. It feels depressing in here." Tamera, one of my team mates said, passing me her Bluetooth speaker. 

I blue toothed my phone and played Cardi B's Red Barz. It's my favorite song by Cardi other than Bodak Yellow. I started vibing and rapping along to the lyrics.

"Bite down, bite down, it was crunch time. Yeah I skip all of them bitches in the lunch line I put in work, now I'm here at the front line Ready for the bullshit, I swear it's on my bloodline. Touch mine, getting slumped, slimed one time. Pump blind, bitches quick, then I dump mine. Pull up with the Gucci clutch, spitting clutch rhymes
Flyer than a big big B with a Blood tie"

"Oh my god Aaliyah, Cardi B is trash."

"Lyric, Cardi B is the hottest female rapper out. She actually has bars and spits heat."

"She's not better than Hazel E"

"Bitch who? "

"Hazel E. "

"That Big Bird looking, Wendy Williams ass bitch from Love & Hip Hop Hollywood? Bitch are you crazy?"

"Nah, Hazel spits flames. "

"If she does, It's because her breath is hot. She's a dragon bitch."

"Whatever."

I finished lacing up my shoes and stood up. I put on my jersey and warm up jacket.

The door opened and Coach Davis and Coach Pride game in.