18

I pulled up in my driveway and walked into the house.

"Is anyone home?"

I walked through the house searching for everyone.

"Mom? Dad? Hello?"

I gave up looking so I just sat on the couch and watched TV.

An hour later, Gelo, Melo, and Zo came through the door.

"I'm so jealous that you don't have an 8th. You get to go home." Gelo said as he flopped down on the couch and snatched the remote from my hand.

"Don't be... It's all boring when you're here by yourself." I replied, snatching the remote back.

"Where's everybody else?" LaMelo asked

"I have no clue. I went searching for them but I didn't find them."

I turned the TV to ESPN and they were talking about me.

"Aaliyah Ball-Taylor announces college decision just one day ahead of signing day. She announced earlier today that she will be playing for Coach Close at UCLA next season. The way she did it, was quite unique, if you ask me. " Molly had said.

"I think it was childish, if you ask me. What college prospect announces their decision through a kids game? ". Stephen A. Smith said.

"I do bitch. " I said out loud.

"I think it was creative. She found a way to get her classmates involved in announcing her decision." Max Kellerman counters, defending me.

"Im just saying, the top recruit should act a little more adult like."

I grabbed  my phone and recorded a snippet of the argument and posted on Instagram.

"Adballtaylor3 I shouldn't have to defend my actions or why I do what I do, so I'm not going to. I'm just going to give you a better understanding on why I announced my decision the way I did. Keep in mind, I'm 17, I'm still in high school, so, I'm bound to do some things that are deemed "childish". We had a substitute today. We finished what was assigned and we still had an hour left in that class. I wanted to get everyone in the room involved, because that's the type of person I am. @stephenasmith There are bigger problems in America than the way I announced where I'm signing tomorrow. But unfortunately, everybody is always gonna have something to say about everything you do and you can't please everybody. Have a blessed day. ☺"

I rolled my eyes and posted it then sat my phone down and continued watching First Take.

"Are you ever happy Stephen A?"

Max fired back at Stephen A. It was actually funny.

Lonzo grabbed the remote and turned the TV.

"What did you do that for?"

"I got tired of hearing Stephen A Smith bash you for how you announced your decision."

"Yeah, but her response is perfect. check Instagram."

LaMelo said looking down at his phone. I unlock my phone for the hell of hit and read some comments

klaythompson yes Aaliyah!

Jaytatum0 @stephenasmith 👀👀

Randomuser1 if you're a senior in high school, still playing hangman, then are you really ready for college?