Chapter Five

Niall was awakened by the shrill quacking of a duck. With a groan, the blonde rolled off of Harry's bed and grabbed his phone, pressing the answer call button and putting the receiver up to his ear.

"Hullo?" he mumbled, still half asleep.

"Niall, it's Harry." a strained voice sounded through the device.

"Harry?" Niall sat up in bed, pushing the covers off of his legs. He was much more awake now. Why was Harry calling? Why so early? He looked at his watch, 8:57.

"I need you to do me a favour." Harry asked, his pleading tone painfully obvious.

"Sure, I guess. It depends on what it is. I'm not giving Lou a hand job since you can't be here to do it yourself, though." Niall joked, trying in vain to make light of the situation.

"No-no. It's nothing like that. I'm making progress, so hopefully I'll be there to do it myself soon. Six months at the longest, they're saying. I've already been here for two and a half."

"Okay then, I'm glad you're getting better Haz. What do you need me to do for you?" Niall was honestly happy for his friend, and wished that he'd come home as soon as possible.

"I need you to make things right between Louis, Zayn and Liam." the curly haired boy said plainly.

"Harry, I don't think I can do that. I mean, Lou isn't just going to forgive them. I honestly don't even know why he's not mad at me as well." The Irishman was glad that he wasn't though, otherwise Lou would be alone. Emotions can swallow you whole when you're alone.

"Niall, please. Just promise me you'll try, at least." Harry's voice was broken, defeated. Niall didn't want to set Harry back in his progress, so he agreed.

"I can't promise you anything, Haz." He started, he'd felt uncomfortable making promises since Harry had called and told him where he was. "But I'll try."

"Thank you." The Cheshire boy exhaled, obviously relieved.

"Will there be anything else, princess?" Niall joked, not wanting to feel so bogged down by the conversation.

"Yeah actually." Haz's tone had brightened significantly, and he continued the conversation as if the prior discussion had not even occurred. "I'm allowed to have visitors in a few days. Would you come to visit me on Monday? That is, if you're free…" The younger boy trailed off.

"Harry, I don't know… I'd love to, but what about Lou?" Niall thought that Harry would ask Louis to be his first visitor, not himself.

"Niall, you know that he can't find out where I am. I need to get better first, and then I'll be back. We can pretend like this never even happened and I can be sure that I can keep my promise. We'll live happily ever after, and release the second album, and he'll dump Eleanor and we'll-" The Irishman interrupted Harry before he could finish his sentence.

"Are you honestly that naïve, Harry?" Niall said brutally, honestly not meaning to sound as harsh as he did. "What makes you think that Lou's just going to forget about this? You left him, willingly! After you promised him that everything would be okay, that you'd never leave him. You promised and you broke it Harry. You broke your promise to Louis. You broke him. It's been what, two and a half months, you said? Louis has cried himself to sleep for two and a half months, never getting more than three hour's sleep each night. He walks around like a zombie, dark bags under his eyes.  He can't function Harry. Not without you.

You think that after you've turned him into someone his mother doesn't even recognize as her own son, that he'd accept you back into his good graces with loving arms, that he'll dump his girlfriend in favour of a boy that's broken every promise he's ever made, who left him without warning or reason? Harry, I know you're the youngest of all of us, but seriously? Did you think that you could just up and leave without anyone getting hurt?" Niall hated to say it, but it was all true. Every word. Harry was behaving like a child when he should be acting like an adult. People's feelings were involved, and it was truly a life or death situation in some respects.

"Niall…" Harry said, sounding like he was choking back sobs.

"Don't Niall me, Harry Styles. You knew what you were doing, what was going to happen when you left. I understand why you did it. It was necessary and you needed to, but you could have talked to us before you left, and we would have tried to help you. It would have been painless, and easy process. But, you just had to leave with no explanation." Words were spilling out of his mouth now, and they just wouldn't stop coming. He was screaming into the phone now, so loudly that he didn't hear the sound of the door clicking open to his right.