02 | THE PERFECT GIRL FOR THE PLAN

issue
act 2; part 2 | the perfect girl for the plan
...

DIANA JAMES TRIED her best to ignore James Potter's excessive talking in the following weeks after their first meeting. She used to love Potions class but being seated beside the school's loudest and most talkative person was driving her to the brink of insanity. She tried to convince Professor Slughorn to let her switch seats, but unfortunately, even her position as a member of his precious Slug Club, he wouldn't allow her to do so.

JAMES POTTER ON the other hand was trying his best to get Diana James to open up to him.

Why? Because she was the perfect subject to a plan that he had been thinking of for months now. She was pretty, but not as pretty as his Lilypad. She was smart, but not as smart as his Lilypad.

"James, I love you, but you sound insane." A good friend of his, Arabella Arroway, said once James had mentioned his insane plan the summer before their seventh year started.

"I agree, Prongs. Don't you think that's a little too much?" Sirius Black had said, agreeing with Arabella and Remus and Peter were nodding in agreement as well.

"It's definitely not too much!" James said, an excited smile on his face. Ignoring his friends' protests, he laughed as he continued to explain the rest of his brilliant plan.

To him it seemed so simple:

1. Find a girl who was willing to fake-date him.

2. Flaunt the relationship in front of Evans

3. She'll realize what she's missing out on.

4. She ends up dating him and they live happily ever after.

"Why don't you just find a girl to actually date you instead of setting up this whole fake-date?" Peter Pettigrew asked, a confused look on his face and the rest saying words of agreement.

"Because, Wormtail, I'll only be using that person to make Evans jealous. Heartbreaks and break-ups are messy. At least with the whole fake-dating the person will know what they're getting into." James explained as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"That's oddly nice of you." Arabella said, in an unsure tone of voice present and a slightly confused look plastered on her features.

"Thanks Ara." James smiled, ignoring her tone of voice.

"Good luck finding a girl to agree to your crazy plan." Remus Lupin said, shaking his head at his friend's antics.

"Don't worry Moony, I'll find the perfect girl for my crazy plan." James grinned.

AND HERE SHE was, sitting beside him during Potions Class. Ignoring his incessant attempts to start on conversaition. Only talking to him when it absolutely necessary and giving him one word answers to his questions.

"Diana James? The Ravenclaw?" Remus asked him. "She's the perfect girl for your plan?"

"No offense to her, but doesn't she seem a little too Vanilla?" Sirius asked, still not believing that James is going through his insane plan.

"Vanilla?" James asked, tilting his head in confusion at Sirius' question.

"You know, plain."

"I agree with Sirius." Arabella said, "She's not exactly the most extraordinary person out there."

"She's perfect. I just know it."

...