05 | TERMS OF ENDEARMENT

issue
act 1; part 5 | terms of endearment
...

"WHAT CRAZY PROMISE did James make in order for you to agree to his crazy plan?" Sirius Black said, looking at Diana James with the utmost confusion. "Not to stereotype or anything but you're a Ravenclaw and you'd have to be pretty dumb to agree with him."

"Merlin Padfoot, don't go scaring her off. I don't think I could find another girl who would willingly agree to this." James joked, nudging Diana with a small smile on his face.

Diana couldn't help but roll her eyes at James, it was almost a habit now considering that she had done it to James so many times. "He promised me his family's fortune." She joked.

"It's true." James said, going along with it. "Who could say no to that right?"

"Are you serious, Prongs?" Peter asked, looking at James with wide eyes. He didn't quite get the joke.

"Padfoot? Prongs?" Diana asked, a confused expression on her face. "What are these nicknames?"

"It's a secret, Diana." James winked. "Who knows, maybe someday we will tell you."

"Okay, you're not even going to tell your girlfriend the origin of you and your friends' nicknames?" Diana said sarcastically, using air quotes on the word 'girlfriend'.

"Woah, calm yourself Diana." James joked. "I told you we'd start tomorrow."

"Whatever Potter." Diana said, rolling her eyes.

"Ouch." James said, putting a hand over his heart and faking sadness. "You wound me, sweetheart. Back to the last name basis? I thought we were past that."

"Sweetheart?" Diana asked with her eyebrows raised. Sirius, Peter, and James also looked at him weirdly, questioning looks on all of their faces.

"What?" James asked, holding his hands up in mock defense. "I called my girlfriend a term of endearment. Sue me."

"What happened to starting tomorrow?" Diana asked, one eyebrow raised and a small smirk present on her features.

"Yeah, Prongs." Remus said, chuckling at Diana's remark. "Besides, last time I checked, you two aren't actually dating."

"Oh shut up." James said, shaking his head but was chuckling as well. "I'm getting into character."

"Sure, Prongs." Sirius said, not quite believing him. The rest agreed, saying words of affirmation towards James sarcastically.

"I just thought of a new rule." Diana said, looking at James with a serious expression.

"Okay, what is it?" James asked. The other three looked at them confused, James and Diana didn't mention anything about rules.

"We don't use terms of endearment. We call each other by our first names."

"Oh yeah, really romantic." Sirius said teasingly, nudging Remus and both of them chuckling. James turned to them with a glare, both of them muffled their laughs by putting their hands over their mouths.

"WHAT?" James exclaimed in protest. "Why not?"

"I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with it." Diana explained, shrugging her shoulders.

"But if we don't people will think we are just really close friends, I don't think Evans will get jealous over a close friend." James said, rolling his eyes.

"Fine. But I get to choose the names I'm comfortable with you calling me." Diana said, not really wanting to agree with James but he did have a point.

"How about Honey?" James suggested.

"No."

"Pumpkin?"

"No?"

"Pumpkin pie?"

"What no?"

"Sugar?"

"No. Okay, you are literally just mentioning food." Diana said laughing at James attempts of thinking of something to call her. "How about, love? It's sweet, short, simple, and an absolute classic."

"Let me think..." James said, tapping a finger to his temple. "Alright!"

"I'm willing to bet ten galleons that these two sill end up together." Remus whispered to Sirius.

"I'll take that bet." Sirius whispered back, even though he knew he might actually end up ten galleons poorer.

...

Hey everyone! Hope you liked this little filler. Please let me know what you think in the comments and give it a vote if you think it was worthy!

Lots of love,
Arielle