Chapter 7

No one has ever seen Parker and Zacchias fight.

'Nothing can come in between those two' they say.

So when Harley hears them shouting by the lockers she knew it had something to do with her.

She knew she should never have dropped that note in Parker's locker. She was feeling a little too brave, a little too reckless. She should've known by now that she was neither brave nor reckless. She was just Harley. Trouble seems to follow her everywhere she goes now.

Her Photography lesson had just ended and she decided to be the first to initiate some kind of communication with Parker. To try and be normal for once. Directly talking to him seemed like a step too far off the cliff and she definitely didn't want to fall and lose it all. So she decided that an old-fashioned note would be the best option.

She later found out that this wasn't one of her wisest decisions.

At the scene of the disarray, Janet, in all her pantsuit glory, was squeezing onto Zacchias' shoulder as if she would fly through the ceiling if she let go.

Everyone knew she has a thing for Zacchias except Zacchias himself until recently(and apparently Parker too). She's been itching for Zacchias and Jasmin Jelani to go on another one of their frequent 'breaks' so she can get her sticky Head Girl paws all over him. And now was her chance. Harley admired her boldness.

She couldn't quite hear what Parker says last before he storms off but judging by the look on Zacchias' and Janet's faces it seems to be directed at them.

Harley's heart almost stops.

He steps towards her, barely brushing her shoulder as he walks straight past.

He walked right past Harley like she didn't even exist. He didn't even register her presence.

She's back to being just another blank wall to him. Again.

And that crushes her.

She stands there staring at the space where Parker had just left. There's a small crowd gathering around them yet Janet was still clinging to Zacchias' toned arms. She clearly didn't care about the whispers or the looks that surrounded them. Zacchias looks slightly bemused if not a little annoyed.

Whereas, Janet frowns with disappointment. Eventually, he casually shrugs her arm off, turns on his heel and stalks off in the opposite direction of Parker. He still shines his signature dazzling smile at everyone in his path.

He deserves an Oscar for this performance.
You would've never noticed he was shitting bricks inside. He doesn't want Parker to be mad at him and he also doesn't want to be mad at Parker.

She looks in the direction Parker disappeared off to, wondering where he could've gone and whether or not he would appreciate her company.
Is it too soon?
She'd been itching to talk to him all day.

If she was Parker where would she go to let off steam?

It was so simple. She even thuds herself on her forehead for not realising it sooner. The art room.

The art room was always open during the day except for when there were lessons. The art prodigies love using it because Miss McCarthy, the young, beautiful and quirky art teacher, plays 'inspirational music' - which was really just rainforest sounds most of the time or indie music - and decorates the room in ornaments that she proclaims 'stimulates the students to produce elite pieces of art'.

It's the perfect place for Parker and she just knows he's going to be there.

Her breath escapes her lungs and catches in her throat. She sees him.