Chapter 21

He drives on the dark, empty motorway quietly as his car radio plays teleport 2 me by WZRD. My window is half-open so I can feel the cold breeze on my face as I lean against it. We've been driving for an hour and a half and we're still not there. I was nervous of course, I left my pops alone in the house and I knew my brother Silas was coming home soon. Neither of them had any idea where I was. I had no idea where I was. I kept fidgeting and my feet were starting to get restless. I kept wanting to turn and ask him something but not wanting to disrupt the comfortable silence we had fallen in.

I turn and watch Parkers face from the passenger seat. His sharp jawline was clenched slightly and he was frowning. He always drove with one hand and had the other resting on his chin. He was anxious, that was a face I knew all too well.

I wasn't too sure what his plan was, all I know was that we are on our way to see his father who he hasn't been in contact with for God knows how long. I could only imagine what was going through his mind right now.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I ask, finally. His expression immediately changes back into its regular smirk, it was almost as if my voice made him wake up from his dream.

He pretends to think for a while before asking, "Do you think I'm hot?" He raises his eyebrows mockingly at me and squeezes my thigh with his free hand.

I blush and try to ignore the electric feeling his touch gave me. "What?"

He shrugs and asks the question again. "Do you think I'm a hottie?"

He always had the ability to make any serious situation playful. "I'm not answering that stupid question," I say, rolling my eyes at him.

He smiles at me and then turns back to the dark roads. "It's okay, I know you do."

I couldn't possibly tell him that I didn't think he was hot.

No, because Parker cannot be described as 'Hot' that comment itself was an understatement. I study him driving beside me again and I see that he is beautiful. Enchanting. Bewitching. His face was an artists aesthetic. I just wish I could stare at him forever.

He has these long glossy eyelashes that any girl would kill for and a long slender nose that had a wide array of freckles spread across it. His full rosy lips were upturned into a scant coquettish grin as he turned to look at me again.

"I'm serious, Parker." I frown at him. I need to know what he's thinking. Where are we going? "What's going on?"

He gives me a quick sideways glance before he sighs. "I found out something."

"What did you find out?"

"My mums been lying to me for years," he scratches his head and I could see he was really trying to focus on the road rather than feeding into his emotions. "She told me that my dads been living in Italy. I found out from an old painting that he lives in Freyton, a few hours away from Beaumont."

"Wow, that's-" I start but he cuts me off. His anger gets the better of him.

"I mean, why would she even do that? My own mother keeping my father from me." His face flushes pink and he puffs out his cheeks like a little kid refusing to put his toys away.

"What if he didn't want you to find him?" I wonder aloud leaning my head against the window. The snow was beginning to settle. "What if she was just trying to protect you?"

"What? Like if he told her to keep it from me?" He blinks at me.

I nod. "What if he didn't want to be found?"

He slumps down in his chair. "I suppose I didn't think about that." He begins muttering to himself and I could tell he was getting agitated. He hits the steering wheel again and again. "Why didn't I think about that?"