XLIX*

"Tord I asked for a private meeting..." Cole sighed.

"Yeah, I know." Tord huffed. "It's still private, with me, you, and (Y/N)."

She shrugged and began playing with his horns, trying to mess them up. Cole sighed and shook his head, and began talking very important business. Of course, (Y/N) didn't hear a single thing, she was too busy wondering how his horns stay the way they do...

"Angel!" Tord said sternly.

"Hmm?"

"I asked if you were okay..."

"Mhmm." She replies, her hand still in his hair.

He sighed and gently grabbed her hand, moving it back down. She smirked as he let go, playfully rolling her eyes. She looked at Cole who had his head on the desk in annoyance. He looked up with a glare, and her smirk widened.

"Tord does she really have to be here?" He asked.

"Mhmm." He replied, running a hand through her hair.

"Why?"

"Because I'm pissy when I'm not around her." He shrugged. "You wouldn't want an angry Tord, would you?"

"Fine. Tord, I would like to have a meeting with her. Alone."

Tord glared at him, but lifted her off of his lap. He glanced at her, and then returned his icy glare at him, walking out of the room. Cole sighed and motioned for her to sit down, which she complied without a word.

"He's very... protective..."

She chuckled. "Yeah..."

"Let's cut to the chase. Things are about to go to hell, and I need somebody to protect my daughter as these things take place, I was hoping you would stay here and do that while Tord and I..."

She nodded. "Is Tord on board with this?"

"No."

"Why?"

"He wants to protect you." He chuckled. "He wants somebody to protect you, instead of you being the protector. I asked if one of your friends could do it, and he disagreed angrily."

"Tom..." she sighed.

"He doesn't like Tom much..."

"Only when I'm in danger can the two get along, if not, they're back to enemies."

"Hmm."

"Yeah..."

"You know, not many girls like you survive doing what we do..."

"Is that a threat?" She snapped, slamming her hands down on the desk as she stood.

He looked at her with a playful glare. "It is what you want it to be."

"You son of a-"

Tords hand went around her mouth, his robotic arm tightly around her waist. He quickly apologized to Cole, and dragged her into their room. He tossed her against the bed, and crawled on top of her, keeping her against the bed.

"Look, as much as I like your feistyness, you have to calm it down." Tord said, looking into her eyes.

"Fuck off-"

His hand moved under her chin, lifting it up slightly. "(Y/N) I'm serious, please tone it down."

She rolled her eyes and huffed out an agreement, to which he smirked. "Thank you." He replied, moving off of the bed. "You should take a nap, in the meantime ill make food, okay?"

She nodded her head and moved to the pillows, falling asleep instantly.

~~~~

"Not my child!" She screamed as the man took her baby from her. "Please!"

"So the little pet thinks she can tell me what to do?" A familiar voice asked, tilting her chin up. "And what do you plan to do if I kill your child?"

In an instant the scene changed, she was curled against a cold body, holding onto it for dead life. She looked at the hair, and saw two horns. She backed away in fright, screaming Tords name, shaking him violently.

His limp body doing nothing as she hit him, bitch slapped him, or anything she tried. She stood up with her hands over her mouth, as she fell to the ground once more in tears.

~~~

She woke up screaming, as she heard a faint voice desperately trying to calm her down. After she calmed slightly, she looked into Tords terrified eyes. Her eyes widened and she shoved him over, landing on the bed.

She quickly ran into the bathroom, splashing water over her face. Tord ran in, stopping her from running out of the bathroom.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Tord asked, angrily concerned.

"Cole. Isn't. Safe." She spoke with wide eyes. "Get everyone together, we have to go-"

"I don't think so pretty lady..." Cole said, cocking a gun behind Tords head.