Prologue

Minji POV

"Yoongi." I said softly trying to wake him up. Unsuccessfully. "Min Yoongi."

Still no reaction. If there was any other day, I would have woken up by doing something dirty to him but I wasn't in the mood now. I started to lose my patience.

"Min Yoongi if you don't wake up by ten seconds..." Before I could finish my sentence he pulled me down to the bed, landing on his chest.

"You are so noisy in the morning, baby."

"I am not noisy, we have to go to work."

"Let me correct you, you work and I do something useful."

I pinched his cheeks playfully then planted a kiss on his bare chest. "Alright, now you should really get dressed. We will be late."

"Ahhh, would you help me?" He whined and you saw his eyes darkening.

"We both know it's not a good plan. Hurry up, Romeo!"

We didn't even have time to have breakfast and I decided to tell him off. I was hungry.

I loved my work. I was fighting for the rights of the hybrids, trying to punish the people who hurt them, and I did my best to help the strays. I never understood how could people throw away a companion - a half human, who could voice out their feelings, who could feel the same as a human.

"I will make it up to you." Yoongi said giving a peck on my lips. "I always do."

"You had better. You know I love eating."

He laughed. "I'm ready."

"Then let's go."

*

When we arrived we greeted my colleagues and the hybrids who were working there like Yoongi.

"Good morning, lovebirds." Namjoon greeted us. "Minji, would you go to a school today to talk to kids..along with Yoongi, Minhyuk and Jennie?"

"Sure. But I don't think Yoongi..."

"He has already said yes."

"He doesn't like kids."

"I said I didn't like noisy and misbehaving kids. Not kids in general." Yoongi said behind me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Okay but you know, you will meet lots of noisy kids in the classroom."

"But you will be there to calm me down."

The kids were horrible, their teacher was horrible, too as she couldn't discipline them at all.

"If I have a kid, I will teach the kiddo how to respect the elders." Yoongi growled.

We had been together for a year but we never discussed marriage and children. I wanted to say something but we had to focus on our task.

"Hello kids, we are here, to inform you about hybrids. It's your Hybrids Studies class, right?"

They nodded.

"As you see Yoongi is a cat hybrid, meaning he has human body but he has cat ears and tail. He is partly animal. Minhyuk is a dog hybrid, and Jennie is a hamster hybrid.  All of them are adopted, living happily with their owner." I turned to Yoongi who gave me a warm smile. "If you touch their ears, for example, they would react like a real animal, so their characters are influenced by their animal instincts."

The kids were listening to me attentively. I managed to do it myself, saving the teacher from chaos, that's for sure.

After I ended my presentation a girl came to me. "Can I talk to you, Miss?"

"Sure, would you like to ask something about the hybrids?" I asked in a friendly tone.

"I-I live close to a place and I often see strays out there. They are often bleeding and they have scars and they scream a lot every day."

My eyes widened. "Would you tell me everything exactly? Thank you for informing me. Tell me the address."

When I showed the hybrids the note, Yoongi became more pale than usual. Before I could question his changed mood the teacher came to us to thank  our presentation.