Plane Trips and Romance

Annie's POV

*Vlogging*

So, hey guys, we just got onto the plane going from LA to Hawaii! I am so excited to see what Hawaii is like! So, Hayley is sitting over that side with Brooke and Mommy and Daddy are there. Mr Summerall is there with Jimmy jr. and I am sitting here with Paige. I think Dylan, Hunter, Hayden and Rush are somewhere else. (Moves camera around when she says each of the people) so yeah! We remembered snacks this time because this trip is like five hours long. I am so grateful to be part of the Rock Your Hair team and for this opportunity to see Hawaii! Ok, I am going to leave it here so I will see you guys when we get off! (Shuts off the camera)

"Annie can you swap with Rush back there, him and Hayden are arguing and we want a good trip." Mommy tells me.

"Sure Mommy" I say, but I felt reluctant to do so. I move back to where Rush was sitting previously and take a seat next to Hayden.

"Hey Annie" Hayden greets me.

"Hey" I say half-heartedly. I get the camera out to update everyone on the changed seating arrangements.

*Vlogging*

So I am just checking in on you because we have changed some of the seating arrangements for the plane trip. Rush and I have swapped seats so I am sitting with Hayden as those two boys decided to have a bit of a disagreement. So yeah, see you in Hawaii! (shuts off camera)

"You are so good at vlogging." Hayden tells me.

"Well you might be too if you were vlogging since you were like five." I laugh nervously. I have a huge crush on Hayden, and everyone else thinks I should date him, including out fans, but seeing the media on fire like that last time I was in LA with him, I really don't think I should tell him.

"Do you want some?" Hayden offers me a handful of chips. I shake my head. The last thing I want right now is to eat. I am too nervous to do anything like that around my big-time crush. "Are you ok Annie?" He asks. I love the way he says my name. It's almost like there is no 'A' at the start.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." I sigh, making it stupidly obvious that I am hiding something.

"I know you are lying. Why are you upset?" He asks, genuinely sincere. Upset. If only he knew. I think I need to tell him.

"Do you want the truth or the cut truth?" I half smile.

"I want the honest truth." He laughs. I can tell he has prepared himself for the worst. He wouldn't be expected this. Not at all.

"Uh ok then..." I start.

Mrs Katie's POV

*Texting Annie from across the plane* (A - Annie) (M: Mommy)

A: I am so nervous

M: What about? Hawaii? I thought you were excited?

A: No, I'm looking forward to it. Hayden noticed I was distant and not talking and now he wants me to tell him what's up with me. Should I tell him?

M: Yeah you should. It's best he knows

A: But what if he doesn't like me back? Then the whole trip would be awkward

M: Yeah it would but would you like it if Hayden was hiding something from you?

A: No!

M: Exactly, and if you don't ask, the answer will always be no. Go tell him!

A: Okay thanks, I'll go now and tellhim somehow.

Annie's POV

"Ok, so I am going to be completely honest with you right now. This is extremely awkward to say, but... I kind of like you. As in more than a friend." I spill, about to cry, wanting this plane to crash and bury me.

"Oh lord Annie." Hayden starts. I suck in my breath waiting a response. "I had only dreamed that you would feel that way about me." He finally says. I breathe out, relived. "To be honest, I have had a crush on you since the music video, but I was too afraid to tell you." He continues.

*ping*

M: What happened? What did he say? What did YOU say?

A: Calm down

M: Sorry, I'm just so proud of you that's all

A: Thanks

M: So...?

A: Well, he actually feels the same way about me, and we are dating now I guess

M: Wow! That's great! Okay have fun, ly

A: Bye lyt

"Ladies and Gentlemen, as we start our decent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead storage. Thank you for flying with US Airlines." Hayden gently grabbed hold of my hand and squeezed it protectively. I felt my cheeks flush and looked away. How did he know that I get scared on the landing of an aeroplane? I take a glimpse at the others. Paige was just waking up, and Hayley was determinably playing a game on her phone. Mommy had the camera out, filming what we could see of Hawaii. Daddy and Jimmy were turning off their TV after what seemed like a five-hour movie marathon. Hayden and I tried to watch one movie but failed miserably. My phone was slowly going flat after using it for so long and I was sure that my legs were going to feel like jelly by the time I got off this plane. The thing with planes is that you are stuck there for the whole trip, even if you hated the person, you were stuck there with them, no escape. The plane was rolling along the runway. Hayden let go of my hand. We were officially in Hawaii! We all get up, grab our carry-ons and head for the exit. As we walk out, Hayden whispers into my ear.

"Can I talk to you when we are alone?" He asks. What if it's something bad, like he realised that he likes someone else?

Oh no. I want to ask him what it is, but I fake a smile. "Sure!" I whisper back. He smiles at me. His smile is so cute, and genuine too. I am literally looking forward to this holiday in Hawaii with him! 

A/N: Sorry for this longish chapter, but it helps set the background for the rest of the story. I am sorry I think the next couple of chapters were setting the scene a bit too, but I promise there is some drama coming very soon guys! 

If you want to follow my Hannie/Bratayley fan insta, its bratayley_fanfics5678 so follow me and turn notifications on for updates on my fanfics here and other content like edits etc. (Edit: I no longer have this account)

I want to create more books so if you dm me on my insta with an idea (emilybartlett2) , I will literally turn it into a story for you and credit you too. Just tell me how many chapters you want and  all the details about the plot and you will just have to wait. This story is my main priority though so beware!

Sorry for ranting on I promise I'm done now!

Love you all!

Emily