Storms and Starry Nights

Hayden's POV

We make our way down to the beach with cameras and high spirits. I notice Annie looking scared. I look up at the sky, which was black and looked like it was about to storm. Annie hates storms. She was hanging at the back of the group with an alarmed expression on her face. I make my way back to her, without making it obvious that I were moving back to her.

"You're okay Annie." I whisper to her. These cameras are starting to annoy me. I can't do anything with Annie when these cameras are on because they might catch us. No one is supposed to know about us.

"How do you know that I am okay?" She asks nervously.

"Because I am here and I won't ever let anything hurt you." I reply, lifting her up to my eye-height and hold her tight.

"I love you Hayden." Annie whispers into my ear. She is amazing. I don't want to leave her.

"Where is Annie?" I hear Mrs. Katie ask. I put Annie down so that if the camera is on, then the viewers wouldn't suspect anything. Fortunately, Mrs. Katie had her vlog camera in the bag. She turned around and saw Annie and I trailing behind everyone together. "What are you two doing?" She asks, dropping back to walk in line with us.

"I got scared because it looks like it was going to storm and I think Hayden noticed so he joined me and was telling me that it was okay." Annie explains before I can say anything. Mrs. Katie looks relieved.

"Aww thank you Hayden." Mrs. Katie praises me.
"Well, I wouldn't be a very good boyfriend if I didn't!" I laugh. I notice, during the conversation, Annie stays quiet which is unusual. But before I could ask her what was wrong, the first clap of thunder hits. Next to me Annie squeals. As if on instinct, I scoop her up into my arms. Mrs. Katie must have sensed a need to leave us alone at that point as she said:

"Okay, I think I need to catch up with the others now." And with that, she walks away. I am thankful she thought to leave us alone. Now I can talk to Annie freely. I open my mouth to say something, but before I can speak, Annie moves her head off my chest and kisses me. Wow. She is so good at it. She moves away before anyone notices us.

"I love you till the sun dies." I tell her. She hugs me tighter.

"I love you more than you would ever know Hayden." She whispers. We watch the sun set over the Hawaiian horizon. This day couldn't get any better.

Annie's POV

I nearly didn't have the guts to kiss him before. We were all back after dinner and I was lying in bed, reflecting on my day. I have been doing this since the day Caleb died. I get this feeling sometimes that something I did that day might lead to someone dying. I am glad I kissed him again. Mommy walks in to the hotel room and joins me on the bed.

"Mommy?" I ask, getting her full attention. She turns around and has a confounded expression on her face.

"What's up Annie? Is something wrong?" She asks.

"What does it feel like to be in love?"

"It depends on the person Annie."

"I think I am in love with Hayden."

"That is great because I think he really cares about you Annie."

Hayden then walks into the room.

"Speaking of the devil..." Mommy says laughing. Hayden looks at her surprised.

"What?" "You have been talking about me?" He asks, looking from me to Mommy confused. "Why?"

"Why not? Yeah we have been talking about you..." I tell him shyly. He comes over, gives me a hug and sits down next to us.

"What are you doing here? I thought you would be asleep by now." I ask him.

"Oh I was just coming to say goodnight to you." He says, smiling at me. He hugs me and then gets up and walks out.

"Aww. Okay I need to get some sleep. Goodnight Mommy."

"Goodnight Annie." Mommy says and gets up and hops into her own bed and almost falls asleep instantly. I lay down and fall asleep.

Hayden's POV

I lay in bed, thinking about the day. I can't believe Annie actually likes me! I wonder how long she has been hiding this from me? Next to me, I hear Brec and Dylan talking about how it is supposed to storm all night, and just to prove their point, a clap of thunder loudly rings out. "Annie!" I realize, jumping up and rush next door. Annie was sitting up in bed scared. Everyone else was fast asleep.

"It's okay Annie, you are safe." I whisper to her, hugging her.

"I just hate storms." She explains. She was huddled under the bed covers, shivering. I lay there next to her in silence, wrapping my arms around her to make her feel safe. She eventually falls asleep peacefully. She is gorgeous. What did I do to deserve her? The clock says 1:23am. I need to get some sleep. Eventually I do.

A/N: I am very sorry this is a day late, I was away without internet this weekend. Sorry for the lack of drama, I promise it is coming next chapter! The next update will hopefully be either tonight or tomorrow at 6pm (UTC +10 AEST) So love you guys and remember to celebrate life!

Emily