Jealousy and Second Chances

Annie's POV

Over the course of the day, I notice that Katie and Hayden are becoming really close. That would be great if Hayden and I were dating, or even just friends, but this just hurts me more. It is really upsetting me. I feel like he is trying to get close to Katie just to hurt me. Maybe he likes her though. I really don't know. If he likes her, maybe it's because he is lonely, seeing as we aren't together, let alone just friends. Right now, we are walking along the beach. Katie and Hayden are in front of me, chatting, with their shoulders almost touching. I walk behind, studying them like a textbook, for any clues of romance. Katie says something to him, and he hugs her. I don't watch for long. I feel like I have been punched in the gut. I can't deal with this anymore. I bolt, up the stretch of sand, eventually reaching a cluster of large boulder type rocks. I pull out my phone.

Hayden's POV

"You need to talk to Annie. She is really upset, and you are the only one that could maybe fix it." Katie finishes. I hug her tightly.

"You're right." I say. Before I can think of how to talk to her, I see Annie bolt ahead of me. I know she is upset and needs to leave. I run after her, quietly and hide behind the cluster of rocks she was sitting on. I notice she is calling Jayden.

Annie's POV

I call Jayden. She is the only one I trust.

"Hey Annie!" Jayden says cheerfully. "How are you?"

"Terrible." I say, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"What happened! Tell me everything." She demands

"Hayden and I got into a fight."

"Talk to him about it. You are the queen of explaining things."

"We kind of broke up. I couldn't explain to him that we are moving to LA so I kind of ran off on him and we aren't talking."

"When did this happen?'

"Last night."

"Why didn't you tell me then?"

"I felt out of it and wanted to sleep."

"Oh okay. What has happened today then?"

"He has flirted with Katie all day long."

"Oh god."

"Yeah, I ran off and called you because I had had enough." I explain, still crying into the phone.

Hayden's POV

I have heard enough. I can't let her hurt like that anymore. Mrs. Katie told me she caught her crying and asked me what is up with her but I couldn't answer. That was yesterday. I can't believe I was stupid enough to think she was shutting me out. I think I need to leave here and talk to her later. Wait. I could talk to her now. While she is still on the phone with Jayden, I climb up the rocks and silently wait there behind her, thinking of what to say. I don't want Jayden to hear that I am here, so instead, I wrap my arms around her into a hug.

Annie's POV

I was listening to Jayden explain how to get over it, but then I feel a pair of arms wrap around me tightly.

"Uh... Jayden I got to go." I say, hanging up. I turn around and see Hayden, burying his head in my shoulder.

"Annie I'm sorry. I should have waited because as soon as I found out I got so mad at myself for not understanding. I miss you Annie." He confesses to me. I am surprised. But what surprises me more is that I hug him back.

"Why did I have to be so rash? I should have just left it or perhaps I should have just told you." I say, getting mad at myself.

"If I had known that I wouldn't have even gotten upset." He says, letting go of me and moving around to sit in front of me. "I need to be completely honest right now. I heard all of your phone call. I have some explaining to do." He tells me. I feel slightly intruded but also relieved I didn't have to tell him how I felt in person. What does he have to explain?

"Okay?" I say

"I feel so bad that it seemed like I was flirting with Katie because I wasn't. I was..." He begins but stops

*ping*

Katie: Annie are you okay? Is Hayden with you? What's wrong?

Me: Yeah Hayden is here, he is explaining because I thought you two were flirting all day today but apparently according to him, you weren't?!

Katie: We weren't I promise. He asked me to teach him how to talk to you when you are in any mood, and how to hug you and just how to be a good boyfriend because he was determined to get you back and be better than he was previously to you.

Me: ...

Katie: Well, I will talk to you later then.

I lean forward and hug Hayden tightly. If that is true, then he is mine. Hayden pulls away after some time of silently hugging each other.

"Okay, can I finish explaining now?" He asks, he looks hurt that I just ignored him.

"No thanks." I reply. He looks completely broken. "There is no need for that. However, there is a need for a second chance of us." I say, as his face breaks into a wide smile, and he hugs me. I catch him looking at my phone, which was still on Katie and my text messages, which should explain everything to him.

"I'm in need of that second chance thing you were talking about. Where do you buy it from?" He says as I giggle. "I am going to buy one and never lose it."

A/N: Oh no did it really just end that easily?! Hehe next chapter may be late because it isn't even typed yet. I really don't know. School is just getting in the way. All mid term assessments and all that jazz...

Emily