xvi.

REAL LIFE
' i'm in love with you '

              ' CMON KIAN!' ELIZABETH cheered from the sideline as kian lined up his ball, pulling his arm back before launching the ball down the lane. it clashed against the pins, sending all but two in a split position down. 

"fucking a," he laughed and pulled another ball from the rack as eli cast a woeful glance at toddy and tristan who sat leg to leg, hands entwined. she was so enveloped in jealously that she missed kian successfully knock the last two pins down. he wrapped his arms around her waist and swung the blonde into the air as tristan smiled softly.

"they are so cute," she sighed and leant her head against todd who nodded stiffly. "so cute," he echoed, brushing tristan's hand of his arm as he stalked towards he ball rack. "cmon todd!" tristan cooed from the side as he lined up his shot. he was seconds from releasing the ball before he caught sight of kian's arms around eli, both in a hushed whisper with wide smiles. he flung the ball in anger, sending it straight into the gutter with a loud bang as eli turned to look at him.

"what's your issue?" she inquired as he shrugged. "no issue, the ball slipped," he shrugged as she nodded, not believing a word he said.

he picked up another ball, lining the shot before sending it flying as it knocked every pin down. tristan cheered loudly, clapping playfully as the older patrons glared at the noisy crew. "elle," kian called as eli spun around, glaring at his raised phone. "delete it, lawley," she whined as he shook his head with a cheshire grin. "no way. it's adorable."

"delete. it."

"chill, el. it's always a cute picture if its of you," todd snapped and tristan smiled softly, squeezing his arm. "you guys are literal friendship goals."

"of course! that's me and toddy, friendship goals," eli smiled too widely, pinching todd's arm as he winced into a smile. "cute," kian smiled lopsidedly and drew eli into a side hug. "shut up, kian," she groaned and shoved him away as he laughed loudly. tristan smiled to herself as todd slung an arm over her shoulder, not quite realizing his intent stare at eli nor the fact that in his mind, he stood in place of kian lawley.

eli began to rethink her plan to steal todd's heart as she stared at the pair before her, large smiles on each of their faces and an even bigger one on her own date.

"fuck bowling. i think it's time to play lazer tag."

"i think i'm gonna throw in the towel for the night," todd yawned as tristan nodded in agreement, bidding eli and kian a goodbye before asking todd to drive her home. "of course t," he muttered and nodded at the girl besides kian, no words spoken as her heart beat with rejection.

"wanna come back to mine? watch some movies or something," kian asked and intertwined their hands, walking by her side out of the bowling alley.

"of course."

but as she sat in his car, her mind racing, all she could think was 'todd smith, i think i'm in love with you.'