xxxvi.

REAL LIFE
' mistakes '

corinna and eli had spent the past three hours in a nearby club, waiting for todd or david to text and tell them the bit for david's vlog was over. eli glanced at her blank phone screen, noticing the time was hitting 1:30am. she let out a small scoff and downed her shot, telling corinna she was going to walk back to the hotel. "i'll meet you in a couple of minutes," corinna muttered, turning back to talk to a man she'd met prior.

eli nodded, shoving her jean jacket over her shoulders before pushing past the crowd. the vegas heat was anything but relaxing to her slightly intoxicated mind, only fueling her annoyance as she finally reached their hotel, the journey up to her room a blur as she threw herself onto the bed. she looked at her messy appearance into the mirror and sighed, walking towards the bathroom only to stop when she heard the door open.

when male voices reached her ears she froze, trying to control her anger as she turned back around. "thanks for the text, assholes," she scoffed and rounded the corner to see toddy partially hidden behind heath. "why are you guys being so weird," she questioned and leant against the wall. the first thing she noticed was that todd wouldn't meet her eyes, glancing at his feet. she scoffed and turned around again, her head too fuzzy for the current situation.

"i'm going to bed," she muttered, grabbing one of todd's shirts from his suitcase before heath called her name. "hold on, lets go for a walk," he offered and held his hand out. "a walk? how about you go for a walk," she snapped, turning to glare at him but her eyes instantly fell to todd and the lipstick trailing from his jaw to his neck.

she instantly felt like she was going to pass out, her eyes welling as she tried to blink back to tears. todd followed her eyes and brought his hand to his neck, his face dropping as everyone fell silent. "el-"

"are you fucking kidding me?" she whispered, her body frozen as she felt her heart pounding. todd tried to open his mouth to defend himself but no words came out, only pushing eli deeper into the rage she felt. "well say something. anything, todd. just say something,"she begged, the nausea almost bringing her to her knees.

"it's not what it looks like," heath tried to intervene but eli didn't even pay mind to him. "just, just forget it," she snapped, her voice cracking as she grabbed her jacket, shoving her feet into her shoes as she pushed past the group of boys. "el–" scotty started but clamped his mouth shut as she wiped her eyes and threw open the door.

"elizabeth," todd finally spoke, causing eli to freeze in the middle of the hallway. "what? tell me it's just a prank, please," she whispered as todd felt his own eyes well up. he'd done something entirely stupid, that much was for sure. "please just—"

"i can't even look at you," she snarled, turning on her heel to shove a finger into chest. "who was it? who had your attention while i was staring at my phone wishing you would text me? i feel like i'm going to throw up, todd. i-i can't even breathe. i feel like a fucking idiot," she rambled and he watched tears fall down her face in a sicken motion. "el, just listen-" he tried to grab her arm as she turned  again, his heart shattering when she flinched away.

"don't fucking touch me, don't!" she yelped as the rest of the boys watched in shocked silence, the unbreakable duo unraveling in the hallway. "don't touch me," she repeated and blinked rapidly before taking off down the hallway, throwing the stair door open before it slammed shut behind her. "we'll go after her, dumbass," heath snarled at the frozen todd.

the boy only remained frozen, his hand on his neck and his eyes on the door, his heart beating so hard he thought it would fall from his chest.

he had finally done it.

he had pushed her away for good.