Chapter 14-Farewell

I place the bouquet of white roses beside Arias fragile body, her hands are folded over her chest. A heart-shaped bust with a v-neck, a flowy dress, barefoot. Several flowers are spread around in the chamber and laid beside her body. The Candlelights glimmer in the darkness. Alanya stands by her, she turns her skin under her eyes are red from the crying. Fatigue, she awaits me. I don't know how long she has been here. directly she turns to me my gaze.

"The worst part of it all is I blame you." Her harsh voice cuts deep. I tilt my head, my whole body is acing. She keeps her arms tight into herself.

I keep my mouth shut. A lump in my throat keeps pushing. My hands get clammy and my knees are killing me.

"If you hadn't come here, she would have been alive. It all started with you." She continued to bark, as she took a step closer to me. Her face was straight, her lips were slithy parted, but pointing downward. her eyebrows curled.

"It should have been you." She bumps into my shoulder, "Alayna! Stop." I taper to her hand. She twists her hand away, her head is bent down. Her body is shaking. She's already shut me out, this time she won't let me in again.

"please." I plead her just to look at me.

"Just stay away!" her eyes welled up. she buries her face in her hands. As she sprints heading for the exit, she slaps the curtains passing them.

Aria was The woman who gave everything to her last day, she was innocent in this game. It only works as she is sleeping now, a deep slumber that she will never wake up from. This is all my fault, everyone I keep close to me dies. Richard enters, automatically my feet move further back in the room. Ther's heavy bags under his eyes as if he hasn't slept for weeks.

"I'm leaving the clan for now. I'll go on a private mission to find the monster who did this to her... And my father." I threw out, my raging voice was sharp and clear.

"Hold on." His voice tone warned me, as he takes my wrist. I slow down, and he realizes his grip. His eyes are narrowed and his lips are shut and formed into a straight line.

"You can't protect me forever, I need to do this. It's my duty." My jaw tightened, as the back was straight. I titled my head.

"You have no clue of what's hiding out there." Richard frowned, slicing his hand in the air. He raised his voice.

"Thanks for the encouragement. I'm leaving rather if you like it or not." I stated sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Crossing my arms, my face was grave.

"Well I can't force you to stay, but I'll go with you in case you need a hand. After all two heads work better than one." His eyebrows went up in the sky as he conveyed the sentence. I can't resist as I stroke my hand on his cheek. The brave lad takes my hand, I lean closer to him, almost near as I can feel his breath upon me, he drops my hand and turns away. This isn't the right moment. I throw another question at him to keep the mood, as I address it directly at him.

"Who's going to be in charge when you're gone?" I question, closing my arm around me. I Keep my eyes on him.

"My commanders are assigned for that. They are well enough trained for that." Confident, he answered quickly.

"Aria's death wasn't an accident. According to the doctor who studied poisons and among other things he was confident to tell that it was poison in the glass." My heart stopped. As I process what he just informed about.

"How did the person manage to smuggle it inside? We all chose random cups from the dinner tray, how would the killer know that she would pick the bad cup? It could have been anyone that drank from it." I stammered first before thinking out loud.