Prologue

As the woman hustled down the stairs, swiftly with her hand she grabbed the door handle and pushed the door open. " The child, your highness." the young woman shouted. Her quivering breathing made the words spoken in a tone. The two pairs of eye meet and he walked straight past the two lords, the maid lifted her skirt and turned on her heels. She pushed the door open until he walked past her letting go of the door. Letting the visitors stand like question marks.

"This way, your highness." the words flew out of her. Portraits where hanging all over the walls of all the royal ancestors. The carpet was covered with some mud spots, signalizing one of the servants had to sweep the floor clean and switch the carpet. Erin grabbed the handrailing holding onto the skirt on her gray cotton dress, the slippers clapping when her feet clicked against the staircase. The servants and the maids were scatted around the room preparing for the newborn child to arrive. The childminder sitting on a stool next to the bed holding Katherine's hand.

With aburn brown-red hair, freckles covering her nose and cheeks especially and deep sea blue eyes. "Miss Amora," Mauel stated smiling.Each and everyone in the room greeted the king by lowering their heads, some smiling before shifting their glace over to the pregnant woman. The bedroom walls were painted in a sheer color of white, a bouquet of fresh red roses in a wase placed in the window frame. the bed covered in sheets and several of pillows supporting the upper body of the queen. Dripping sweat from her forehead shaped like pearls. "

"my love, the baby.." she spoke with her tremulous voice. "Shh. I know..." Mauel trying to comfort her, by stroking her cheek. She was laying with her legs spread apart in her cream-colored nigh gown, a blanket covering her thighs. "Please, take a deep breath and push with all your strength." the lady commanded her.

Katherine inhaled the through her mouth before gripping onto the bedsheet and gave a push. Another scream echoed in the room. when she couldn't hold off the pain she stopped. her chest rose and fell with rapid breaths, tears rolling down her cheeks. Katherine turned to see her husband's face with smiling. "you're doing great, my lady." He comforted her. Forcing herself to carry on the queen took another breath before starting, screaming out in pain and agony. "I can see the body, for the last time. Push!" Amora shouted. The newborn child, squalling, moving her arms.

"it's a baby girl." the maid said. Erin gently wrapped the child in the blanket, swaying the baby in her embrace. She stretched her hand for the cloth laying on the table, a server handed it to her. "Thank you, Mira." Katherine tilted her head on the pillow, blinking before closing her eyes shut. Her chest moving up and down slowly. "love?" Mauel stammered.

Amora planted her feet on the floor before getting up, carefully lifted the sheet up, gasping loud with a stone face. Only to see the scarlet red blood spreading across the bedsheet, the cream colored dress slowly turning red blood leaking all over. "she's bleeding out, sheets!" the lady commanded. "Katherine, focus on my voice." The queen silently grunted before spontaneous gripped his arm. Mauel locked his eyes on her face losing color, her weak voice. Mauel leaned over her so he could hear her tender voice.Katherine leaned over to whisper. "Listen to me, the time is short so I'll only tell you this once.Take care of her, do not send her away to a childminder. Raise her by yourself. " Mauel wrapped his hands into her palm and kissed her on the forehead. In her final moments, she exhaled and her body stopped moving with her head laying staring at the king.

Amora shook her head, "she's gone." she reported. The servants left the room in tears crying. The maid closed the behind her after everyone left except Erin."Which name will you give her?" Erin inquired. He dumped his body down on the stool the maid had been sitting. She handed the baby into his embrace. "Send out the word to my brother, my beloved wife gave birth to a strong baby girl, but passed away shortly after."I shall name her Grace." The man finished. Standing there with the baby, Mauel leaned over the deceased queen. Fixing a strand that was on her face. Lowering his body down on the floor, stroking her face before kissing her on the mouth.