Chapter 29- The plan

"Whatever happens, getting Alanya back in our main priority. " Richard stands tall. Everyone has gathered on the platform. Battle uniforms and faces greet me. Naturally, the commanders are assembled in a puddle. Jack's hard grip around his staff. He stands along with Estelle as they chat for a while. There are a few regular warriors around. The stairs are taking them wherever they want to. Some stands still to listen to The archer. Daya hugs a girl, I've never seen her.

"We may not return from this mission, but we never abandon hope until these no chance of survival. Stand of fall together. We own this to every fallen warrior. Who's with me?" The speech is met with a warrior chant and the commanders raise their first in the air. He turns around and his eyebrows raise slithy with his mouth drops a little. "I didn't expect you here." I cut him off.

"I'm doing this for Alanya, not you." Richard's face hardens, I can see his Adam's apple moved as he swallows and his eyes squint for a moment. The man wanders past me without a word and I don't care to watch his face. The pain stabs my heart, but he doesn't deserve to have me right here. The last I'm going to do before I leave is to recuse Alanya nothing more. Whatever happens, I'll survive or find a way to. I climb on the ladder and the warrior hoists us down. The threes shink as we descend. We move into the stall and the horses have been prepared. Estelle checks her weapons are in place as does Steve too. Then the ascend the horseback. I climb into the stirrup and grab the saddle before lifting myself up on the horse. My palm skims the mane of the horse. Then I grab the reins and prepare myself.

"Good luck, commanders. " The warrior woman salutes and she remains in her position. She wears a fur coat that covers her and her dark green sleeves are visible. Finally, she has a leather corset over. Her hair is cut into a loose flowy bob that hugs her face.

"Take care. " Daya beams as she takes the woman's and squeezes it softly. Daya steps back and gives her a salute.

"For freedom and justice." The unknown woman shouts. Daya lowers her head and the woman marches away. Then the commander steps on the ladder and the sight of the platform disappears. Daya picks her horse as we've all picked our ride. She joins us. Richard nods to her. As he puts a hand into the air for us to ride. The ground thrashes under us as the hoves of the horse works. Dirt slaps the horse. I feel the rhythm of the horse. The air seeps down my lungs.

"Who was that?" I turn my head to Daya. She meets my gaze for a moment.

She's the lieutenant. Gwyneth." Daya adds.

"I thought some of the commanders had to guard the base." I give my thought to her. The wind whips a couple of stands in my face.

"In usual cases, yes, but this is a high-risk mission. If someone of the commanders were to die the lieutenant would be the next to become commanders. " Daya informs in a steady tone.

"Do you mean Jack and Estelle were lieutenants before?" My voice goes up and I tilt my head to the side.

"Yes, that's correct." The commander confirms. Her feet clap reticle against the horse. Estelle rides her horse closer to us. Steve is the last one that rides. Jack is right behind our leader.

Richard steers the horse closer to Jack. He lowers his voice, the commanders are chatting.

"Have we received any messages from the house?" Richard sits upright, his arms are relaxed holding the reins.

"Only one." His lips moved as his face was blank of all expression. He turned his head slowly to the side to see if the other was catching him exchanging information to Richard.

"We'll stay here for the night. " The archer descends from his horse. Richard lifts his sack form horse as he takes giant steps. The horse obeys him as he takes its reins and he strokes the mane of the animal. The man whispers something into its ear.